Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if a ported 1894 Limited in 45LC was ever produced?

And let's say it is not factory ported, is this model rare? I have never seen an 1894 Limited in 45LC.

·
Premium Member
13,701 Posts
This one sold just this week on GB. They didn't make a ported one that I'm aware of in 45 colt. I have the ported one in 44 mag, model 1894P. I was very interested but the price went too high for me......

Edit update: I just realized socom_16 that we're running in the same circles here lately. Kinda starting to think you're liking them ported Marlins. Come on now, admit it out loud. It's the first step in the healing process. ;D

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, ok, ok.... I admit I like ported guns.

My Springfield M1A Socom 16 (ported) got me hooked. I can shoot a 20 round clip and there is zero muzzle jump and hardly any recoil.

My love for ported marlins came while my Dad and I were walking around a gun show and we came across a ported .450 that happened to follow my Dad home. We took it to the range and after the first shot I fell in love. There is just something about a ported short barrel lever gun.

So in the past year, we purchased 7 ported Marlins (3 for me and 4 for my Dad).

Still out looking for more and that's how I came across this 45lc, but I am not sure if it was factory ported. Sounds like a nice little gun even if someone got it magna ported.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
I would not think that the .45 Colt is powerful enough for the porting to do anything.
I have a 24 inch .45 CB that would never need porting.
I also have the .450GG w/ports and am thankful.

·
Premium Member
3,536 Posts
FredT said:
I would not think that the .45 Colt is powerful enough for the porting to do anything.
I have a 24 inch .45 CB that would never need porting.
I also have the .450GG w/ports and am thankful.
I suspect it all depends on the loads you are putting through it..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts