Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,536 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,671 Posts
Re: 1894 in 357 24" barrel on Gunbroker

eaglesnest said:
Oh my! I think I could finally find Marlin happiness and bliss with that one!! ;D
Me too!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: 1894 in 357 24" barrel on Gunbroker

Well, i just couldn't stand it. I showed my son what i was bidding on, and he just loves the little 357 i have now so, He wants this one If we can pull it off. I re-bid and was successful and set a higher price. Way more than what i think it's worth but us Dad's do crazy things for our kids, now don't we.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
153 Posts
Re: 1894 in 357 24" barrel on Gunbroker

I got to say that is a FINE rifle!! Good luck and tell you son to go shovel more snow/cut grass to help pay for it, after all it will be his one day!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
429 Posts
Re: 1894 in 357 24" barrel on Gunbroker

Do they make one w/22" barrel. I may get in on this one before its over.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,647 Posts
Re: 1894 in 357 24" barrel on Gunbroker

.

It's just money. Who wouldn't trade a little paper for a nice Marlin? I have two CB's and they are worth it whatever "it" is.

.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
622 Posts
Re: 1894 in 357 24" barrel on Gunbroker

I understand its just money and the market will probably catch up no matter what you end up paying, but it is a used gun and does not have exceptional wood. Personally I wouldn't pay more for it that a 20" CB NIB and since there is over a day left you might get there and then some.

I mean heck at one point you could just buy a used 1894c in 357 and rebarrell it. In fact from what I've seen you may already be there.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,536 Posts
Re: 1894 in 357 24" barrel on Gunbroker

gyrhed said:
I understand its just money and the market will probably catch up no matter what you end up paying, but it is a used gun and does not have exceptional wood. Personally I wouldn't pay more for it that a 20" CB NIB and since there is over a day left you might get there and then some.

I mean heck at one point you could just buy a used 1894c in 357 and rebarrell it. In fact from what I've seen you may already be there.
I think he was wanting a 24" Cowboy, how is rebarreling a round barrel 1894c going to gain him that without considerable added expense of a cowboy forearm, new longer mag tube, etc? Just curious..
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
750 Posts
Re: 1894 in 357 24" barrel on Gunbroker

Mikeflies said:
Do they make one w/22" barrel. I may get in on this one before its over.
I believe you are mistaken. The rifle in question is a CBL and it had a 24" barrel in it's privious life, but since 2003, the rifle is only made with a 20" barrel. That 22" barrel is off a different model.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
750 Posts
Re: 1894 in 357 24" barrel on Gunbroker

JEB308 said:
Well, i just couldn't stand it. I showed my son what i was bidding on, and he just loves the little 357 i have now so, He wants this one If we can pull it off. I re-bid and was successful and set a higher price. Way more than what i think it's worth but us Dad's do crazy things for our kids, now don't we.
JEB308, With all due respect, don't you think you'd have a better chance of getting this rifle, if you weren't announcing it to a bunch of crazed, Marlinitis stricken fellows? I mean how many guys have checked this post out? I think you figured out the way to drive the price up more, to a point where a regular guy might not be able to afford one.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,536 Posts
Re: 1894 in 357 24" barrel on Gunbroker

I think out of respect for a fellow brother here on MO that nobody should be trying to outbid on this gun unless they started bidding before this post went up IMHO.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
750 Posts
Re: 1894 in 357 24" barrel on Gunbroker

eaglesnest said:
I think out of respect for a fellow brother here on MO that nobody should be trying to outbid on this gun unless they started bidding before this post went up IMHO.
Nice thought, although don't you think anybody else is watching Gun Broker too???? Come on. Just because someone dosen't bid at the beginning of the auction doesen't mean they shouldn't be able to at the end. I have never bid at the beginning of any auction, just to see where it's going, if it's going too high quick, I don't generally bid. My point: If you don't announce it, nobody else knows except those who are looking on the auction site. I mean look at JEB308's first post. He was offering it up to anybody, becuse he thought it went too high with 4+ days left on the auction. So just because he changed his mind later because his son wanted one, everybody else is supposed to drop their plans?? I think not. These are popular rifles period. Gun Broker has a 15 min. rule, so you can't sneak in a last minute bid like Ebay. There are over 250 views on this post now. I think we can all still be friends no matter who gets it, good luck!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,536 Posts
Re: 1894 in 357 24" barrel on Gunbroker

AINT NO FISH said:
Nice thought, although don't you think anybody else is watching Gun Broker too???? Come on. Just because someone dosen't bid at the beginning of the auction doesen't mean they shouldn't be able to at the end. I have never bid at the beginning of any auction, just to see where it's going, if it's going too high quick, I don't generally bid. My point: If you don't announce it, nobody else knows except those who are looking on the auction site. I mean look at JEB308's first post. He was offering it up to anybody, becuse he thought it went too high with 4+ days left on the auction. So just because he changed his mind later because his son wanted one, everybody else is supposed to drop their plans?? I think not. These are popular rifles period. Gun Broker has a 15 min. rule, so you can't sneak in a last minute bid like Ebay. There are over 250 views on this post now. I think we can all still be friends no matter who gets it, good luck!
Thats cool... I hadn't read this thread that closely so thought he was in the bidding from the start. I likely wouldn't tell the world if I were in his shoes, but I wouldn't try to take it from anybody on here who was bidding in earnest on it had they posted their intention first. I generally like the folks on here and was just expressing what "I" think is right is all. I would feel bad later had I out bid someone on here who I knew beforehand was bidding on a gun for his son.. Thats just me. Of course anyone else can do what they wish with no ill will on my part.. :D :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
933 Posts
Re: 1894 in 357 24" barrel on Gunbroker

I won't bid for it, I promise.
I need a 38-55 to make my life complete. I won't need anymore rifles after get my 38-55.

Yeah right

Matt
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,706 Posts
Re: 1894 in 357 24" barrel on Gunbroker

Good luck Jeb308.I hope no one else bids on this rifle and you win it.The guys talking down the 24" Cowboy have never shot one.Any way its worth what ever you are willing to pay.I got mine for $795 and would have payed more if necessary.ITS WORTH EVERY PENNY! ;) JD
 
1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Top