Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up an 1894 44 Magnum today with a serial number begining with 24. When stripping it I saw that the ejector was different than on my 336's, 444's, 1895 and 1894C. It is one piece spring (not a two piece like the other one in the photo) with no stud to go through a hole in the side of the receiver. Instead the inside of the receiver is milled with a circular larger hole at the end of the slot for the ejector that does not go thru the side of the receiver.

Because this is my first 44 Magnum 1894 I am unfamilar with this style of ejector. Is this the normal ejector for this model? I tried the style that fits my others and it won't fit, too large. Anyone know where I can find a spare for a backup if needed?

Attachments

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well I did some searching on the site and I think I found the answer to my question and a possible source for a replacement, Wisners, but they are closed until July 11th.

Anyone know of another of another source for those pre 1979 bent "Vee" sheetmetal ejectors?

·
Registered
9,496 Posts
G'day Tom. My 83 model .44 has the 2 piece ejector and I didn't know there was two kinds. So, obviously they changed sometime between 76 and 83, but when? Maybe 83 because that's when the Hammer block safety started. ???

Cheers,
Mark.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What I am finding is that prior to '79 they used a single piece of flat spring steel that has a rectangular spot that that sets in the receiver cavity instead of the pin projection on the current ones two piece ones that fit in a hole thru the side of the receiver.

Now I just need to find a source to get a backup.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
swany said:
Thanks for the lead , had already looked but did not find that one on their website so sent them an e-mail with the photo asking about it. Then received a reply that they don't monitor e-mail requests, so will give them a call on Monday.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts