Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody run into this issue. Looks like an old style ejector with long spring. As the carrier brings the cartridge up, the case rim strikes the ejector and is bumped out of alignment and does not seat into the bolt face. Any recommended fixs?

Attachments

1,907 Posts
trozzo,
The main body of your ejector looks fine. I suspect the issue is with the long part of the spring that extends up beside the chamber. Cut it off. Seriously, cut off that spring forward of the tip of the ejector "finger". I still don't know exactly why Marlin made these early ejectors this way, but I've seen them cause issues in a number of rifles, and your gun won't miss it if you clip it. My cowboy shooter had a misalignment issue with this forward spring leg that was causing the bolt to jam. After determining the problem I simply clipped off the offending piece of metal. Haven't had a single issue ever since. If that doesn't do the trick, try a new ejector. Don't worry if you can't find the old part, a new one will work. In fact, a 336 ejector will do just fine too. I have verified this. The only other possibility is a timing issue, and I doubt that's it. Good luck, and happy shooting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.