Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I REALLY want one of these. The first time I saw it in the catalog I knew I had to have one. OK - make that two. One for me and one for my son.
Why .357? Because my 450 will handle the big bore big game needs and.............................

my 1988 Colt King Cobra (enhanced version - mirror polished stainless) wants a stable mate. I bought this pistol NIB in 1991 from one of the gun shops I worked at. It has the smoothest action I have ever felt on a DA revolver. Double action is absolutely smooth at around 7 pounds. The single action shots have an extremely crisp let off at probably 2 pounds. This is definitely a Wednesday after lunch gun!!! ;D

She shoots 1.5" or better 6 shot groups at 25 yards from a rest with 158 grain soft points. That's just factory stuff - I haven't handloaded for her (yet). She has less than 200 rounds through her.

Here she is:

The leather is a De Santis Dual Angle Hunter. It is lined with black silicon suede. It can be worn strong side or cross draw - I prefer cross draw.
This is absolutely the finest holster I have ever bought. I usually buy Galco but I wanted a lined holster to protect my once in a lifetime pistol.
The craftsmanship is flawless. The leather is extremely rigid (wet formed) and it has a THIN profile.

I wear that on my Montana Slings brown 'stitched' gun belt - the belt matches the holster perfectly.

Anyway, my King Cobra can't wait to get a stable mate. I'm looking forward to slinging 180 grain hard cast out of the carbine and my pistol!

I hope they deliver a quality product this June or July in the 1894 CSBL!

Anybody else 'have to' get one of these little carbines???

·
Registered
27 Posts
NICE colt! Thanks for the great pics!! No doubt it'll appreciate having a partner to go roaming around with. I, too, just HAVE to have a CSBL, but mine will be in .44 mag to keep my S&W 629 company. Hopefully they'll be out in time to get some quality range time before deer season. The only problem at that point will be which Marlin (336XLR cut to to 17", 1895XLR cut to 18", or the new CSBL) to take into the woods. Decisions, decisions. . .

·
Registered
549 Posts
I'd really like one in 45LC, hopefully they'll offer one eventually. Now if they were to do some with 16" full octagonal barrels, I'll have to have a pair!

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I called Marlin this morning and asked when I could expect to see an 1894 CSBL at my gun dealer.

After a minute or so on his computer, he told me that they would be hitting the shelves in the 2nd quarter......................so start looking in April.

·
Premium Member
12,094 Posts
Thats a nice revolver, shame Colt dont see fit to build things like that anymore.

·
Premium Member
12,094 Posts
I just dropped off a 1894C for a barrel swap to build a 32/20. Its unlikely but if you come across a small caliber Marlin reciever let me know & we can work something out to get you my barrel.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Leverdude said:
I just dropped off a 1894C for a barrel swap to build a 32/20. Its unlikely but if you come across a small caliber Marlin reciever let me know & we can work something out to get you my barrel.
I'll keep my earballs peeled....................

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.