Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Just joined, said "Hi" in the new members, now I thought I would drop down to the 1894 section where I want to be.

I am in the UK and just managed to bag a 1894 CP in 357Mag, it's been in someone's collection since new and never had more than 100 rounds through, and it looks brand spanking new. I have not taken delivery of it yet, it's being kept for me until my licence comes through the door, another couple of weeks and it will be in my hands. I got a photo of it.

M1894CP.jpg

As I am sure you know any original Marlin in the UK is hard to find, but one this good, I am so happy with my find and very lucky, and it's my first rifle.

So a question or two, anyone on here that has seen the CP in the UK, I can't find any mention of them other than in the US?

And the other question, anyone seen a manual for the CP, preferably one I can download, nothing on the Marlin site apart from the generic 1894 that does not have the CP listed.

Any other info about the CP I would be very interested.

Dave

·
Premium Member
755 Posts
Nice! There aren't too many CP's out there. They were only made for two years 2001-2002. They are the little brother 357 version of the 44 mag 1894P. They are also harder to find than the 1894P's. It is remarkable that you could find one in a country where marlins are hard to find in general! Cool little rifles. I had one, but ended up selling it and doubling my money to purchase more marlins! Even over here they fetch a pretty penny. There was a specific manual for the CP, not sure where you could find one though. Maybe ebay or gunbroker? Congrats on a great find!

·
Premium Member
2,128 Posts
Wow! That's nice! Congrats and welcome from North Carolina.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Nice snag! :congrats:

·
Registered
8,700 Posts
Same as all the other Marlin 1894's except for the short ported barrel. Any manual will have the same info. Also basically the same as the 336/1895 except for a square bolt versus round.

If a specific 1894 CP manual is a must have as an addition to your rifle keep an eye out on eBay.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi Dave, nice to see someone else from England here.

Very nice rifle, I've only seen one for sale in the past few years here and I'm always on the look out for Marlins!

Speak to Roger at SYSS if you fancy slicking it up.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Dave, nice to see someone else from England here.

Very nice rifle, I've only seen one for sale in the past few years here and I'm always on the look out for Marlins!

Speak to Roger at SYSS if you fancy slicking it up.
Hi,

Did not think I have seen many about. It actually came from a collector via Marlin UK, James from Marlin UK has told me all it's already been slicked and apparently has the "cowboy" trigger, I assume that is part of it.

Dave

·
Registered
187 Posts
BEAUTIFUL! You're going to love it!

Luis

·
Registered
519 Posts
The then importer of Marlin, brought only five of each, P and CP into the country. Recently Roger picked up a couple of P's used that went for nigh on £1K each. A CP is a great find this side of the pond.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The then importer of Marlin, brought only five of each, P and CP into the country. Recently Roger picked up a couple of P's used that went for nigh on £1K each. A CP is a great find this side of the pond.
Wow, only 5 in the UK, did not think there were many about, I had never seen any listed. At least that makes me feel a whole lot better as I paid just over £1k for it, yes it's going to get used, but as with all my guns it will be well looked after, even more now.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Hi Guys,

Just joined, said "Hi" in the new members, now I thought I would drop down to the 1894 section where I want to be.

I am in the UK and just managed to bag a 1894 CP in 357Mag, it's been in someone's collection since new and never had more than 100 rounds through, and it looks brand spanking new. I have not taken delivery of it yet, it's being kept for me until my licence comes through the door, another couple of weeks and it will be in my hands. I got a photo of it.

View attachment 113223

As I am sure you know any original Marlin in the UK is hard to find, but one this good, I am so happy with my find and very lucky, and it's my first rifle.

So a question or two, anyone on here that has seen the CP in the UK, I can't find any mention of them other than in the US?

And the other question, anyone seen a manual for the CP, preferably one I can download, nothing on the Marlin site apart from the generic 1894 that does not have the CP listed.

Any other info about the CP I would be very interested.

Dave
Hello Dave and welcome from another Brit. No, I have not seen the like of your 1894. Rude fat Dog supplied the Wolf spring and trigger parts for my 1894 and Peter Knight a local gun smith (Kent) fitted them. They made a big difference particularly in the competitions we shoot and if you need Peter's 'phone number send me a PM and I'll let you have it. He is very good and doesn't over charge.
Like your gun
Grovesie

·
Registered
519 Posts
I picked up one of the .44 P's when they first came in. I've still got it. And next to my original 1894 manufactured 1894, it's my favourite!

I did look for a CP as a stable mate, but it just became too frustrating. I nearly snagged one in Germany, but missed it. One may get added in the future, but it would have to be real good deal as it is very unlikely I'd drop a grand on one given what else falls into that price bracket.

Reactions: dpe.ahoy

·
Registered
519 Posts
Grovesie, you really need to get your 1894 stripped all the way down and get to know it...... There's no need to have a 'smith fit the parts, it's a DIY job if ever there was!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Lovely rifle. Not send a ported one. Do they perform differently to the standard? I've just bought a 357 1894C in blue. Very nice. Can't believe how much they are over here. I'm glad I paid a lot less for mine, but they are lovely guns :)

Looking for a uk based leather stock shell carrier and sling. Just ordered a Skinner peep and will look into the trigger spring. Not sure if mine is standard. Guess I'll find out when I shoot her. Now just got to decide on her name lol.

·
Registered
16,695 Posts
The guy I bought my 1894C from just texted me yesterday that he bought a CP from an online auction site. He said it was posted at 9:30 p.m. and he bought it at 9:40! He paid less than $1K for it.

I asked for photos, but forgot to steer him over here to MO. I'll contact him and ask if he's interested in joining and posting some pics.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts