Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1894 cowboy limited 45 colt 24" barrel

I'm trying to work a deal on a 1894 cowboy limited in 45 colt with the 24" barrel and checkered stocks? the guy wants $800 canadian for it . You don't see those for sale much up this way , so what do you guys think of the price? It suppose to be in like new condition.
Alan

·
Premium Member
3,536 Posts
Re: 1894 cowboy limited 45 colt 24" barrel

newfie bullet said:
I'm trying to work a deal on a 1894 cowboy limited in 45 colt with the 24" barrel and checkered stocks? the guy wants $800 canadian for it . You don't see those for sale much up this way , so what do you guys think of the price? It suppose to be in like new condition.
Alan
Sounds like one I'd like to have, but then again I am partial to the the longer 24" octagon barrel over the short ones. The 20 inchers earlier this year were going for $700 it seemed and these 24" limited models are just that, limited. I think I would buy it for that, if I really liked it. I think value wise it sounds like it is priced fair.

Reactions: Wet Dog

·
Premium Member
10,693 Posts

Seems a little on the high side to me...it's a fantastic little rifle, though, if it's in good shape.

·
Premium Member
761 Posts

If you want it bad enough buy it..I shopped around and found one for $550...unfired. Plus shipping and transfer fees and insurance of course. So Im not far behind you on price.

·
Registered
206 Posts

I have one just like you described. It's a wonderful shooter. I give 700 for it back last summer and don't regret it at all. It was new never fired. I don't think the offer is way out of order, especially since you don't see them for sale very often. The oppertunity to get one might be worth a c-note difference. It all boils down to how bad you want it and if your willing to play the wait and see game to get one cheeper.

·
Registered
244 Posts
where are you guys finding these deals? Last I checked 24 octagon cowboy guns were just north of a grand. That said, 45lc is like a llama, watch out, they spit. Well, with low pressure cowboy loads for sure.

·
Registered
6,335 Posts
I don't know the exchange rate between Canada and the U.S. Then you have to look at how often you will come into one of these. Limited guns are less than a 1000 pre production run. So this could be a really good deal for you.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I agree with the advice of getting it. I've had mine since 1998 and love that rifle. Its one that I will never get rid of.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Excellent deal for Canada in my opinion. You simply can not find them here. Once you buy it,fifty dollars one way or another will not make a difference. Remember that the 50 dollars is only plastic money. Hi from Barrie, Ontario. Good find.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
We know that you are going to buy it, so hurry up before someone else does. Don't forget to send us pictures of it.
Coyote

·
Registered
170 Posts
I don't know what your dollar is worth but if I could find one in Oz for that price I'd buy it.
The 24" 45Colt feels good in the hand and the one I've shot was scary accurate, as well as having plenty of power for knocking down 200 meter steel rams.
With modern, heavy weight, high velocity loads, I can't think of too many animals I wouldn't be willing to shoot with it, other than some of those big nasty ones in Africa.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Alan
Well, since $800 looks to be about the same either side of the border, that may not be a bargain. But it certainly is reasonable and may be quite low given the current high prices for even 'regular' 1894s (amongst many): on Gunbroker, many 357s and even some 44s are selling for more. In other words, you would not be paying too much for a cowboy limited in like new condition (unlikely although not impossible that you might do better). 00buck beat that price, but his I would call a bargain.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
I paid 1000 for a remlin in Calif. If I would have found a CB Limited for under that.... I would have taken the CB

Doc

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I love mine ! I bought mine a few years ago and feel like I bought it right then. I really like this rifle. Wish I had anotherjust like it.
TF

1 - 20 of 25 Posts