Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My nephew has been looking for a gun to get started in the cowboy game up here in the north country and the 94 new Marlins in any caliber (he is looking for preferably a .45 ) are just non-existent in any gun store up here...is it the same in the same in the U.S..

I thought they had started building them again or did I dream that...

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
If you want a 45 Cowboy, your going to have to look for a used one. The only Cowboy that has been made by Remington is a 1895 in 45-70. Its fairly new.

I have seen a Remlin in 357 Carbine but not in 44 or 45. Matter of fact, I dont think the 45 has even been made By Remington yet.

Hayden.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. We couldn't find a Marlin new or used anywhere up here but came across one of the new Win 73's in .45 colt so went with that.

Run it thru the paces yesterday and to say the least , we were very satisfied with the gun. I have a lot of experiences with the marlin & Uberti cowboy guns and let me tell you, Uberti is going to have to clean up their act or they will loose the cowboy game market to Miroku. The rifle was cheaper by a considerable amount to begin with and functioned freely and smoothly right out of the box...no costly smithing required before it would be ready for competition use. 2 " group at 50 yrds.

Reactions: cds4570

·
Registered
266 Posts
Marlin 1894 CBs in .45 Colt show up from time to time. I lucked out when I walked into an LGS the same day as a NIB Marlin arrived. If you aren't married to Marlin, the Winchester 1892 is a fine shooter too, just like the one John Wayne carried in the 1880's. GunsAmerica notified me of and arrival a month or so ago, but I wasn't in the market. Put your name on the list and keep looking. I ran across a new Uberti 1873 in .45 Colt about the same time in an LGS, with a 24" octagon barrel.

·
Registered
142 Posts
just found a jm 1984 CB in .45 colt, new unfired in a trade

·
Registered
13 Posts
This is probably way too late, but The Kid 76 has one in like new condition for sale in the "Marlin only long guns/ " forum.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It is do-able but a lot of paperwork & expense on your side of the border. Surprisingly my side of the border is relatively trouble free...proof of firearms license to the border patrol agency.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I have not seen any Remlin's in .45 LC but very rare to find Remin's in .357 or .44's either. Once in a while I see them on Armslist.

·
Registered
726 Posts
I like the 1992 as well but a bit clunky and never will be as smooth as a 1873 due to its stringer lock up design. a 73 is the best for the cowboy game, i have used a Henry Replica, and 1866 replica, the 73, the Rossi 92 i owned and used and the 1894 Marlin in both cowboy 2 and carbine lengths in .357 mag. Good to here i might be buying one in the future as I refer .45 colt and am looking at getting back into the game.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts