Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I picked up a marlin 1894 cowboy carbine LTD in .45 today. Is this the same as what folks are listing as a cowboy limited? I only know enough about Marlins to be dangerous. It does has a readable JM stamp and not the REP on the barrel. Looked nice so I got it. Now of course I am wondering just exactly what I Purchased. I have seen the longer cowboy marlins but never a shorter one. Luckily my friend did have a box of .45 colt ammo to shoot when I got home and this thing is really a fun shooter. Sorry if this has been cover to death already and thanks to those who can provide any info.

·
Banned
71 Posts
Yup....ya got yerself a 1894 Cowboy limited 20 inch barrel!:congrats:

Nice gun. Worth some bucks! I just got one myself in 45 Colt, and love it.

Need to get some skinners!

Google "skinner express sight" and check them out. GREAT sights, as are XS sights also.

Have fun with that. Sounds like you got a good start to it!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have been looking at the skinner express for my 1894P in .44, as for the first four of the SN on this is 94IV. The last digit the, V is underlined, just can't find that character on the iPad. Any load data for some hog killers would be nice.

·
Registered
834 Posts
This was a run marlin made for Davidson's in 2001 They made 1000 of them so your last numbers of serial number is number of 1000

·
Registered
10 Posts
So I picked up a marlin 1894 cowboy carbine LTD in .45 today. Is this the same as what folks are listing as a cowboy limited? I only know enough about Marlins to be dangerous. It does has a readable JM stamp and not the REP on the barrel. Looked nice so I got it. Now of course I am wondering just exactly what I Purchased. I have seen the longer cowboy marlins but never a shorter one. Luckily my friend did have a box of .45 colt ammo to shoot when I got home and this thing is really a fun shooter. Sorry if this has been cover to death already and thanks to those who can provide any info.

I know this post is 5 years old but do any of you by chance know where I can find a carbine one of those Davis ones and either 44-40 or 45 Long Colt????
thank you.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts