Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's one you don't see much! Cheap so far!
http://www.auctionarms.com/search/displayitem.cfm?itemnum=7291678&aa=%20%20MARLIN%20-%201894%20CENTURY%20LIMITED%20.44-40...FACTORY%20ENGRAVED%20&%20CASE%20COLORED!...NIB!!

·
Premium Member
12,094 Posts
Now thats just purty. :D
What do you think its worth?

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They sold new for about $1,000. I see NIB pieces go around $1150-$1300.

·
Premium Member
12,094 Posts
Dont guess it'll stay $350 for long huh. :lol:
I registered but couldn't bid on it. I cant afford it and if I started I dont think I'd stop. :wink:

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
mm93,

Boy that is one sweet rifle!!! You know I didn't even get into Marlin rifles at all until I got into shooting silhouette and needed a 39 and ended up with the 1897T. That was in late 2001 early 2002 if I remember correctly and I didn't know what this Century Limited entailed! Thats kind of like your suggestion over on the 336 thread "if Marlin is listening". Marlin did a superb job on this .44-40 that you drew our attention too. Love the engraving and the case colors and crescent butt and WOOD, that is really nice wood. If they did something similar on the 336 (wish they could do a square bolt) I sure think they would sell. Did these 1894CLTD sell well back in 1994 at those prices?? Always learning something here!

Geoff

Geoff

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, they made 2500, and they all sold. They also made a run of 100 for employees only, that was a little fancier. They are very hard to find the employee model!
These guns were offered to the MFCA members for less money. I believe back then the offer I got was $850? Can't remember for sure, but I passed on it, and regretted it later. They made one on the 336 frame to commemorate the 1895 also. It was made with a French Gray receiver, and 1/2 octagon barrel. Also a very nice gun, and they seem to be selling in the same range, when they do show up!

G

·
marlinman93 said:
Yes, they made 2500, and they all sold. They also made a run of 100 for employees only, that was a little fancier. They are very hard to find the employee model!
These guns were offered to the MFCA members for less money. I believe back then the offer I got was $850? Can't remember for sure, but I passed on it, and regretted it later. They made one on the 336 frame to commemorate the 1895 also. It was made with a French Gray receiver, and 1/2 octagon barrel. Also a very nice gun, and they seem to be selling in the same range, when they do show up!

Was at a local gunshop about a month ago , and they had one of the 1895's there on consignment. It was NIB for $900 I believe. Gun felt really nice when you put it to your shoulder. The engraving was also first rate. The crescent butt and 1/2 octagon barrel also looked very nice. I would have liked to have it , but you can't own them all :cry:

·
Registered
210 Posts
A pawn shop in my area has had one of these on the shelf for several years and it is still there. May have to go take another look at it, it's chambered in 44-40. Pawn shop owner said it is used, no box, but it looks un-fired.

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They usually go for around $800-$850 in like new, but used condition.

·
Registered
210 Posts
They want $900.00 for this gun but it's been on the shelf for so long I think their willing to reduce the price.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts