Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1894 CB LIMITED .357 24" BBL

Judging by all the comment,curiosity and questioning about the price of one of these great rifles, I am going to give you my story. I just purchased one on Gun Broker last week. I understand it is real clean and not really used. It seems from reading in the forum that these are hard to find and living in California, they almost don't even seem to exist locally, so Gun Broker worked good for me. I paid $1025.00 for rifle which seemed to me a pretty good price considering they don't make em any more, and if it shooots as good as the seller says, I'm really good with the price. Considering someone paid $1425.00 the week before on Gun Broker, I really am rather pleased. I do think if you really want one, pay what you can afford, the extra money will seem like nothing in a year, and just think of the fun you'll have in the meantime! It also seems that most owners won't let go of these either, so they will not get any cheaper!!
It should be received by my FFL end of next week, then start California's 10 day DOJ wait til I can shoot it.
By the way, any individual can ship a legal weapon to a California FFL. I had to beg the seller to investigate the law as he did not want to ship to me. The law clearly states that if the weapon is legal in California there is no restriction in shipping from a non FFL private party. The rules only apply to certain FFL holders. The owner was kind enough to check it out, (thanks Glenn), and now it's mine!
I'll let you all know how it all works out. I can hardly wait!!

·
Premium Member
7,974 Posts
Re: 1894 CB LIMITED .357 24" BBL

Welcome to MO's. I have the same rifle that I fortunately found in early 2010. They are fine rifles.

bjm

·
Premium Member
2,403 Posts

congrats on a great gun. I would be temped to sell mine at those prices. I have shipped to Kalifornia with absolutely no hassle at all. I do not understand folks who state up front "no California" sales.

I too have found that a price paid for a wanted item is money well spent. Regret for not purchasing is the greater issue.

Papalote

·
Registered
2,668 Posts

Was that $1025 including shipping and ffl fees?I just bought one off of gunsamerica.I recon the $795+$35+$25=$855 I paid was not to bad for my 1894cb lmt. 357 24". I'm happy with it. ;) JD

·
Registered
480 Posts

Papalote said:
I too have found that a price paid for a wanted item is money well spent. Regret for not purchasing is the greater issue.
Without a doubt. I've paid too much for many a gun and rarely felt bad about it. But I have passed up many guns that I just couldn't justify the money at the time and felt terrible later.

·
Registered
5,322 Posts

+1 on that!!!!!! Never regretted spending the money for one I wanted, but sure beat myself up over the ones I didn't.!!! I absolutely love my 1894CBL from 1999.
358 Win

·
Registered
622 Posts

My father in law always says he didn't pay too much he's just waiting on the world to catch up with its value.

Kind of been that way with these 94s the last twoo years hasn't it.

I thought I paid way too much for my 20" 357 CB, I paid $700 out the door with a box of leverloutions in December 2009. I actually had a little buyers remorse and lied to my wife about what it cost. At the time that was the same price as they were going for on gun broker and it was the only one in the entire DFW area. It was actually 60 miles east of Dallas.

Then my hunting buddy shot mine and decided he needed one not more that two months later he had to have the chaepest one he could find for $850 shipped. He also though he paid too much but we were both stuck onit and afraid remeington would ditch the octagonal barrells and they would really skyrocket. turn the page a year later and remington still makes them and the price just keeps going up.

1894s are better investments than any mutual fund out there.

·
Premium Member
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

PAPLOTE

Let me know when you're going to cut loose with some of those Marlins designated for "Kalifornia"!!!

·
Premium Member
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

JACK DANIELS

Cost $1025 + 25 shipping+ $100 transfer to Calif., so that totals $1150.00!!!!! I know, I know it's out there, but I'm sticking to my words. Next year this time I won't feel a thing, nope, just be happy shooting a great rifle!!
By the way the dealer cut me $25 slack on fee. Recently, same dealer reduced rate from $150, so I was pleasantly surprised. Everybody else around here charges $150. Used to be able to get it done at one dealer for $75, but I think those days are gone.

·
Premium Member
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

358 WIN

Funny, my new, not in my hands yet, is a CBL 1999 too!
I'm glad there are others out there that see it the same, I didn't think I was alone.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts