Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.
I have a Model 1894 cl 218 bee it is a working rifle and well used. I have found a nice checkered replacement stock for this rifle. The stock set is from a 44 magnum caliber 1894 and I am not sure exactly what model, only that it is same forearm pattern with the metal cap.
I am wondering if there a different barrel tapers on 1894's. Will my 218 bee have a different barrel taper or smaller diameter than 44 magnum 1894? Or are all 1894 stock sets interchangeable provided the forearm is the same pattern?

Any insight you can offer will be welcome.

Thanks.
Brent

·
Registered
17,036 Posts
westcountry:
I can't help you with the barrel taper question,but I'm pretty sure the buttstock will fit. Perhaps a more knowledgable member has some experience with this.
I am,however in the market for a used buttstock,have an ad posted in the WTB section. If you care to sell your buttstock to help finance your project,shoot me a PM. Thanks.

Rob

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Barrel Taper

I have just measured the diameter of the barrel on my 1894 cl at the end of the forearm cap, it measures .690".
I would really appreciate it if there is a 1894 44 mag. owner out there that could make a measurement at the same location and let me know what you find. I think that may give me the answer.

Thanks.
Brent

·
Registered
368 Posts
Brent, I just measured my 1894 44Mag barrel. With the calipers snug against the forearm cap, I get .659. In case their is a difference in forearm length, the measurement was taken 10 1/2" from where the barrel leaves the receiver. It looks like the barrel gets a bit larger farther back from the cap. Hope this helps !
FM

1 - 4 of 4 Posts