Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone locally has an 1894 .44 stainless, he claims it's about 3 years old, fired only a few shots like new Being 3 years old I'm assuming it's probably a JM proof and not a REP stamped barrel.
He's asking about $560 for it , also comes with a leather sling, some ammo a soft case and a scope.
Is it a buy or no buy?

·
Premium Member
3,536 Posts
il Padrino said:
Someone locally has an 1894 .44 stainless, he claims it's about 3 years old, fired only a few shots like new Being 3 years old I'm assuming it's probably a JM proof and not a REP stamped barrel.
He's asking about $560 for it , also comes with a leather sling, some ammo a soft case and a scope.
Is it a buy or no buy?
A buy! :D

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
If it has a [JM] mark I would buy,consider by the time you get the sling,ammo,scope rings,scope and case I think its a good deal if you want it, and you might be abel to talk him down some.

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
I wouldnt sell mine for that ;D. Go get it I dont think you'll be dissapointed

·
Premium Member
2,575 Posts
What are you waiting for, an engraved invitation?

Another thing to do is to go on Gunbroker, type in the gun you want and in the box with the time frames, click on Completed Auctions and see what the gun you want went for. It's a great resource for checking what guns really sell for.

·
Premium Member
18,025 Posts
I've got one I bought as soon as they became available, and it was an instant favorite. It slicked up faster and better than any carbon steel gun I own. Snag it!

Just in the interest of embarrassing my youngest kid one more time, I'll post this photo again. He was about ten back then.

·
Registered
9,496 Posts
Gee, his mum must be a good sort. :D ;D

·
Registered
32,306 Posts
Sounds like a good deal.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Good deal!! ;D Getter ;)

·
Registered
156 Posts
I'm thinking about buying one myself for deer season.Found a mint one for $600 and think I'm going to buy it.Might need to sell my 336ss in 30-30 to do it though.Any takers?

·
Registered
9,157 Posts
Oz said:
Gee, his mum must be a good sort. :D ;D
OZ, would you be sayin that PJ might not be the handsomest devil in Hades? :eek: ;D DP

·
Premium Member
18,025 Posts
My buddy Oz would NEVER say that. He might hint at it, dance around it, and infer it, but he wouldn't say it.

My son's mother, by the way, WAS an attractive woman.............but that was a loooooooong time ago. Some women age like fine wine........then they turn into vinegar. :p

·
Registered
473 Posts
Local gun shop here in Memphis has a new 1894SS for $718 so yes I would go for it NOW.

Post photos once you come to your senses and get over there to get that deal.

Ken TN

·
Registered
9,496 Posts
papajohn said:
My buddy Oz would NEVER say that. He might hint at it, dance around it, and infer it, but he wouldn't say it.

My son's mother, by the way, WAS an attractive woman.............but that was a loooooooong time ago. Some women age like fine wine........then they turn into vinegar. :p
Aint that the truth. :eek: Love you too Brother. :-* ;D

Mark.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts