Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1894 "44's" unavailable?

I have checked with every gun shop here on the streets of Wichita, and there just ain't none to be found, even on this new fangled confuser internet thingy, they all checked and said that it must out of production while other guns are being made. Guess that makes "44's" rare as hen's teeth for the time being. Please prove it wrong and say it ain't so.

·
Registered
136 Posts
1894 "44's" unavailable?

Well.......the Gander Mountain near me has all kinds of Marlin's in stock.

1895's in .444, .45-70 and .450 - 336's in .30-30 and .35 - 1894's in .357 and .41 - NONE in .44 :shock: :eek: :? Maybe something too it. In fact in the last 6 months (can't remember much past that :lol: ) in all the shops I regularly visit I haven't seen a .44 1894 other than a couple used ones and I'm always looking for Marlins when in a shop.

Sorry, this probably doesn't make you feel much better.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
1894 "44's" unavailable?

I know of 4 gunshops in my town that have at least 1 in stock-- some have more than one. They seem readily available here! Are you looking for a blued or stainless model?

·
Registered
325 Posts
1894 "44's" unavailable?

The company I work for has several available in blue or stainless I believe, but we don't do shipping to FFLs so you'd have to buy it in CA and have val;id CA license or ID. I am sure that didn't help much. Sorry :cry: , and I hope you find one soon.

·
Registered
50 Posts
1894 "44's" unavailable?

Just checked with Jerry's Sport Center (Simmons Gun Specialties, Spring Hill, Kansas) and they have the 44 Cowboy and Pistol Grip models in stock. Your dealer should be able to get one for you.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1894 "44's" unavailable?

Thanks guys, I am looking for a straight stocked 1894 in 44mag. and it seems the only new ones in the 2004 catolog are made in stainless. I would really prefer a blued model, I guess that I will have to wait for 2005 and see if they are going to make them again. Or be fortunate enough to find a good used one.

·
Registered
42 Posts
1894 "44's" unavailable?

Hmm....that is interesting. The local Big 5 Sporting Goods stores here in southern California ALWAYS have 44 mag straight stock carbines in stock. They are usually on sale for $299. It is a lower end blued version with a hardwood stock.

·
Registered
42 Posts
1894 "44's" unavailable?

I checked the Big 5 store locator and they don't have any stores east of Texas, New Mexico, and Colorado. You might want to talk to your local FFL dealer and see if they could contact an individual store and have them ship it to you. Doing a search for Big 5 Sporting Goods on Yahoo will turn up a store locator.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts