Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
They put the saddle rings on but discovered that a lot of people who didn’t ride didn’t want them, so they eventually removed them altogether. The prices are all over the place but yours looks to be in good condition. I won’t be much good in evaluation. I just see something and if I like it I decide what my ceiling will be. Someone will come along and take a shot at it I’m sure. Congratulations. You’ve got a nice one. I love the pre-safety gold plated trigger models. And the wood in those years was among the best Marlin produced IMHO.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
It has a few marks on it. Looks like either safe marks putting in or taking it out or just normal handling. It doesn't have the front hood but a lot of folks did not like them anyway. To be 47 years old it is in good shape. Around E TN it would bring 500 to 600 easily.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
I bought a 1969 1894 44 mag carbine (no saddle ring) in 1998. Sent it back to Marlin (the real JM) and, for $300, they converted it into a Cowboy with 24" barrel and mag tube, new wood and sights.I later had it case colored. This what it looks like now.
DD

Firearm Gun Trigger Rifle Shotgun

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
It's not real CCH. It's 'washed' with arsenic.
Ruger did the same thing.
LG
This CCH was done the old-fashioned way with bone charcoal. Mad Dane in south Alabama did it.
DD

·
Registered
856 Posts
This CCH was done the old-fashioned way with bone charcoal. Mad Dane in south Alabama did it.
DD
Does he still do CCH? Where in So. AL is he?

Reactions: ere

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Joe used to shoot with the Panhandle Cowboys in Cantonement FL but that was 14 years back.
DD

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.