Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,169 Posts
You know how much guff you are going to get for posting this:

161 said:
The Marlin bug bit again picked up a 44 mag today.
and not posting photos - - right?

Details, man. We want details. Photos, man. ;) ;D

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't say it earlier... Welcome aboard to about the best centralized clearing house for Marlin information anywhere on the web.

·
Registered
21 Posts
1894SS, this is one arm that I would NEVER sell. Best general purpose weapon made IMHO.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It all started with a 1894C I put a Marbles rear tang and front sight on it. That was a new gun about a month ago. This one is used but not abused. I have a 336 in 35 Remington half magazine my Dad gave me. The serial number Is my year of birth. I'm in a sling now for the next 5 weeks. Rotator repair so I won't be shooting the 44 for a while it's a pre-safety gun. I shot the 357 about 500 times before surgery. Love it just plain fun.
Warren

·
Registered
21 Posts
I put a skinner on mine, best money I have spent on a rifle in a long time. Extending that radious makes all the difference.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think a Skinner will find it's way to my 44 also. I used a tang sight on the 357 because I'm thinking about Cowboy Action Shooting. I don't think they'll allow a receiver mounted rear sight. I have a 1.5 power Weaver, an old one with the steel tube, on the 35 REM. It's not sighted in yet but good weather is coming. Plus I still have 5 weeks in this sling. I've been hanging out on cast boolits.com. Any of you fellas shoot cast? GPWASR10 did you need to replace your front sight with the Skinner? I have a Marbles .500 front sight. I see on Skinner's site they recommend a .460 I think?
Thanks for the warm welcome
Warren

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Loaded some 240 XTP last night, kind of a chore with one arm in a sling. Just wondering if a .500 height Marbles front sight would work with a Skinner rear. I have the Marbles in stock the Skinner sight said .460 with the 44. Just don't want to spend money I don't have to.
Thanks
Warren

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
You could easily file it down a bit if you want. I've done that to a couple of Skinner sights.

All things being equal, it will give you an additional 0.04" downward adjustment than the Skinner sight so to me, I'd just leave it alone and call it good.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts