Marlin Firearms Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,795 Posts
I paid $650 for my 1971 1894 44mag earlier this year. Since I started reloading, I would take an 1894 44 mag over a 357 mag any day and twice on Sunday. I also have a stainless JM 1894 44 mag that I traded for, I can’t remember what year it is.

Reactions: Pereira

·
Registered
94 Posts
What can I expect to pay for a mid eighties 1894 .44 mag carbine in generally good mechanical shape( safety does not work) good metal finish. Dinged up but not gouged stock .
I really don't think there is any set price. I think it depends on how bad the seller wants to sell it and the buyer wants to buy it. I have not had any experience on trying to haggle with a seller. I got my 1894 from my first cousin about two years ago. I had been trying to buy it from him for a few years and one day he said do you still want that 1894 and I said yes and he said would you give me $250 for it and I laid the cash in his hand. He and I shot that rifle for several years so I knew what I was getting and was shocked when he sold it to me so you never know what kind of price you may find one for. I would not pay a ridiculous price for one, I would get a Henry and as much as I like my marlins those Henrys are mighty fine rifles. If I were buying a new one it would be a Henry

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I really don't think there is any set price. I think it depends on how bad the seller wants to sell it and the buyer wants to buy it. I have not had any experience on trying to haggle with a seller. I got my 1894 from my first cousin about two years ago. I had been trying to buy it from him for a few years and one day he said do you still want that 1894 and I said yes and he said would you give me $250 for it and I laid the cash in his hand. He and I shot that rifle for several years so I knew what I was getting and was shocked when he sold it to me so you never know what kind of price you may find one for. I would not pay a ridiculous price for one, I would get a Henry and as much as I like my marlins those Henrys are mighty fine rifles. If I were buying a new one it would be a Henry
Well he certainly did you a solid. I ended up paying $385 for mine.I was happy with that. I haven’t shot mine yet as I’m allergic to cold weather.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Well he certainly did you a solid. I ended up paying $385 for mine.I was happy with that. I haven’t shot mine yet as I’m allergic to cold weather.
Hey like shootin, yeah that was a very good price,was surprised that he even sold it, I suspect he probably needed the money and like I said, he and I shot that rifle a lot so there were no surprises. $385 I think is a very reasonable price for an 1894 and I would pay that for one in good condition so congrats on that 1894 and enjoy it. I don't know if you are in to reloading but the .44 mag is an easy caliber to reload for and my 1894 shoots cast bullets very well and I am sure yours would too

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Hey like shootin, yeah that was a very good price,was surprised that he even sold it, I suspect he probably needed the money and like I said, he and I shot that rifle a lot so there were no surprises. $385 I think is a very reasonable price for an 1894 and I would pay that for one in good condition so congrats on that 1894 and enjoy it. I don't know if you are in to reloading but the .44 mag is an easy caliber to reload for and my 1894 shoots cast bullets very well and I am sure yours would too
I only reload pistol and shotgun, so yes I have a lot of different loads loaded for .44 mag. When I finally get around to shooting it, I know it will be a blast.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
And it's the best for utility and versatility. Best supply of repair and aftermarket replacement parts. Deadly on mice to moose. A guy needs to own two or three.
I only have one but would buy another given the right situation. But I must admit my next acquisition with any luck will be a .41 mag model.I reload .41 for my brother for years can’t wait to get in on that fun !

·
Registered
809 Posts
Auction sales I've found them on, they tend to go stupid pretty religiously. Not uncommon to see them jump up there $800 - $1000 unless really beat up, pristine $1200 - $1500. Seriously beat up, old rode aroud under the truck seat for years, $450 - $600.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts