Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Ranch Dog TLC411-255-RF, a gas checked big game bullet for the 41 Mag, will be ready to ship next week. Last summer I introduced a plain base bullet, the TL411-255-RF (lacking the "C" in the designation), but I personally do not like the lack of performance that a plain base bullet necessitates. My interest in any centerfire Marlin is big game hunting and my forte is matching jacketed bullet performance in my cast bullet designs. Here they are!

Click on the image for design details

Hornday hasn't made gas checks for pistol cartridge calibers (.356, .410, and .452) for quite some time, but I was able to design a shank that accepts the Hornady .416 rifle check. I have done the same work with two other designs. the TLC356-135-RF uses the .358 Hornady check and the TLC454-290-RF uses the .458 Hornady check. On these bullet designs, I've actually "tooled up" to cut the shanks here at the Ranch. The shank must be cut to a specific diameter to accomplish the fit. Lee's policy is a -.000"/+.003" cut which will not work so they cut the shank underdiameter and I complete the work. In that I now work with precision reaming tools, I will be able to offer any of my molds with a plain base at an additonal fee. I will also "combo" a mold with 3 plain base cavities and 3 gas check shank cavities. I will also off .411 Lube and Size Kits to compliment the mold.

Even though I just killed a hog with my 1894S chambered in 45 Colt with my TLC454-290-RF, I suspect next week will find me looking for another with my 1894FG and this 255-grain bullet!

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
I will keep my eyes peeled to see your results on that for sure...I use the 210 Fed Fusions now and they work great but I like my bullets like I like my woman strong and chunky!!

·
Registered
629 Posts
RD,

Looks great and I'm still anxious to cast some off your first TL411-255-RF that I got last year. Good hunting next week and let us know how it preforms.

CD

1 - 3 of 3 Posts