Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some pictures comparing the port of three different versions of the 38/357 caliber.
The first picture is a 1894SSLTD and 1894CP both have the same design and both are picky when it comes to cycling 38's through.
It takes a "double pump" every now and then when bringing the lever up. The shells do not just glide right into the breach.

The second picture is to compare the 1894SSLTD to a pre-safety 1894C. The 1894C works so smooth compared to the other two and it does have that additional metal that is part of the ejector.

Third picture the 1894SSLTD ejector compared to the 1894C ejector.

Can anyone comment about how the later models can be made to work as smooth as the older ones?

·
Registered
362 Posts
I don't know how new your rifle is, but if it is under warranty Marlin will take
care of it. I sent my 1894 44 to their service center with the same problem
and they returned it to me in a reasonable amount of time, feeds GREAT now.
FM

·
Premium Member
12,094 Posts
Its got nothing to do with the ejector. The older gun might have been smoother from the start or have broken in smooth.
If you dont believe me just drop the short ejector into the 1894C, it'll still work like it did with the long one. I'm not very sure what the deal with the long ejector is but its not just in the 1894C's.

You could I imagine swap parts from the old one into the newer guns to try to trouble shoot & find the problem but DONT shoot it without the factory bolt & locking lug, just test cycling. I'd probably try the lifter & lever, I think you might find that any of the guns work better with the lifter & lever from the smoothest gun.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
flynmoose1,

Were you able to get details about "the exact work done" to make yours work smooth?

I had to send a rifle back in the 1895 flavor due to "letting two in" issues. Never was able to get a detail of what was done to make it right. It did cycle like a dream when I got it back.

As far as waranty goes... well they were all used (but like new condition) when I bought them. So I guess waranty is not an option.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
10,963 Posts
lot_45 said:
flynmoose1,

Were you able to get details about "the exact work done" to make yours work smooth?

I had to send a rifle back in the 1895 flavor due to "letting two in" issues. Never was able to get a detail of what was done to make it right. It did cycle like a dream when I got it back.

As far as waranty goes... well they were all used (but like new condition) when I bought them. So I guess waranty is not an option.Thanks
Marlin used to honor a warranty problem on any gun that was well taken care of.........I've seen 25+ year old guns fixed under warranty, just because it was evident the problem there from day one.............

The "New' stated warranty is 5 years...............its not specific to the original owner, even if the text says so........

How the "Bottom Line Boys" at Remington view the warranties, I don't know, but it would be worth the phone call to find out.........

Tom

1 - 5 of 5 Posts