Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if someone has some insight on my1981 1894 .357. Was shooting on my bench and cycled it easy as to catch the brass and jammed it. I pulled the lever and bolt to clear it and now the gun wont cycle loaded or unloaded. The lever opens about an inch then sticks , If I shake it a little with the rifle level it lets loose and it cycles fine but it does this every time. I don't think i forced the lever when it jammed but maybe I tweaked something. Has this happened to anyone else.

·
Registered
16,111 Posts
Yes. How old is your 1894C? Your carrier might be getting worn. Had to replace mine. Then I noticed the rims on the cartridges were getting gouged, troubleshot that to a worn extractor, replaced it with a RPP claw extractor. Runs great now.
Hope this helps,
—Griff

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes. How how is your 1894C? Your carrier might be getting worn. Had to replace mine. Then I noticed the rims on the cartridges were getting gouged, troubleshot that to a worn extractor, replaced it with a RPP claw extractor. Runs great now.
Hope this helps,
—Griff
It was working fine until I soft cycled it.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is t
Is there an empty case on the bottom of the receiver, under the lifter?
I am pretty sure the case came out. I cycled 2 round threw and it cycles without jamming if I shake it a little big after th e lever opens an inch. I wouldn't think it would cycle with a case under but will double check thanks for reply
here an empty case on the bottom of the receiver, under the lifI

·
Registered
16,111 Posts
I would disassemble the bolt & lever and look everything over for burrs and unusual wear. Check the ejector closely for wear or any other anomalies.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Only thing I can think of is a complete disassembly of the action looking for iregularitys. Bent lifter, or maybe even a bent or sheared off extractor. Just like an engine, wont know till you pop the hood.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I Have pulled the bolt and lever many times and can't see anything wrong.If something is bent why would it cycle when i give it a shake ? I open the lever and it sticks after an inch I give it a shake and I hear a little rattle and it cycles. It looks like the carrier is functioning fine so what is locking the lever ? Did I tweek the carrier ?

·
Super Moderator
24,029 Posts
Make sure all of your screws in the receiver are tight.

·
Registered
119 Posts
You say you pulled the lever and bolt, meaning you disassembled the action? If so, are you certain that you reassembled correctly? Maybe an issue with the ejector?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
I am with No Safety, strip and inspect. Look for burrs, scrapes on steel etc. If you can dont forget the inside of the reciver, use a medium strength flashlight. Too bright and it will flare and be no good.

You are looking for clues, chances are they will be there.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts