Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow. Two 1894’s in .357 sold for really good (read high) prices on a popular auction site.

One 1894C in NIB condition (JM) with box and papers sold for over $1,500. That’s a rare find!

Also, an 1894CB .357 JM in nice condition also went for over $1500.

Fellas, if you’ve got em, hold em!

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It’s just that when I see these prices go up in a matter of weeks it surprises me I got mine for the price I paid!

Even the 20” 44’s are demanding more.

·
Banned
890 Posts
Couple of real nice pre safety 1894c's went for under $800 this week on that popular site, little less than some I watched. But still good.
I NEVER pay full price for any firearm, spending what I did to get one 2 weeks ago is out of character.
Marlin sure did have a nice display of 1894c's at the shot show. If they can make them work we'll see what the prices do. No matter what ain't no mo JM's coming down the pike.

·
Super Moderator
26,131 Posts
The current prices tell me to hold onto my pre-safety 1894C even tighter.

·
Registered
171 Posts
The JM 1894Cs sure are still strong and have been for a while. Here's a new twist on a track for the model. The 1894C average unadjusted used price has often exceeded the MSRP of a new rifles at the time. I took my 255 prices collected for tracking and adjusted them by date to the Consumer Price Index values to December 2017 equivalent dollars in order to directly compare values over the years. You can see the average value trend has grown considerably. The count trend is what gives weight to the average. The count show growth merely because I found a way to capture prices in bulk and is not an indicator of 1894Cs on the market, just the ones I caught for the track.

Text Line Font Parallel Slope

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I would love to have a second 357 to go with my 2002 model. But not for the price they are selling for. And I have no intentions to sell the one I have. But I am getting ready to sell the 32 mag cowboy I have. I just don't shoot it. I haven't shot a hundred rounds through it since I bought it new many years ago. But the 357 ain't going nowhere.

·
Registered
19,788 Posts
Regardless if ROG/Marlin really does start selling 1894C's in .357,the used JM rifles will hold their value or appreciate further. The new issue products,even if they flood the market will not cause any depreciation of the older pieces. Just as an example,look at all the 1894 .44 Mags and .45 Colts that are listed in large numbers on all the National auction sites. There's a glut. They haven't affected the older 1894's at all,pricewise. The Connecticut 1894's and 1894C's will never experience a price drop.

Rob

·
Premium Member
6,898 Posts
I have a JM Marlin in 357 and a Henry in 357. The Henry has pretty wood but I like the Marlin much better. It just feels better in my hands. It is very accurate with a peep too.

If the REP versions hit the market, I see no reason not to give them a close look. I've got a Remlin 444 with fantastic wood and great accuracy and a Remlin 1895 (45-70) with good fit and finish and shoots fine too. But, both had feed issues and required work to get them right. Now they are great rifles. Hopefully, the new ones will be great right out of the box.

That said, the last Remlin I bought (less than a year ago) as a donor for a RPP custom build had many, many function issues. Since RPP essentially rebuilds them anyway, it wasn't a problem. I still ended up with a great rifle.

T.S.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.