Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was there a factory model 1894 .32-20 "half magazine" that ended at the fore end, or did they all protrude slightly beyond it? I just saw a picture of one that stops at the fore end and was wondering if it is modified.

·
Premium Member
2,128 Posts
I saw that one on GB and thought it looked odd, is it right?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Premium Member
1,067 Posts
Was there a factory model 1894 .32-20 "half magazine" that ended at the fore end, or did they all protrude slightly beyond it? I just saw a picture of one that stops at the fore end and was wondering if it is modified.
599mr,

Good question. So far there's not been a satisfactory answer in this thread. The rifle on Gunbroker that is cited has the magazine extend under the barrel aways. This isn't what you asked I feel. I am thinking you mean a "button" magazine which quits at the end of the forearm ? I've seen lots of Winchesters like that in their original form but never a Marlin. If someone has a good photo of one (a Marlin) that is original I would really like to see it.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Well, yeah, that's the one I was asking about. Is it legit?
Yes, that one is a standard CL, short for classic. That is one of the latest productions with checkering. Looks like a very nice rifle.
I have a non checkered .32-20 CL and a checkered .25-20 CL. Both have the same mag as pictured in the GB listing. A button mag only comes out to the end of the forend like seen on the Winchesters.

The GB listing would be a good deal if some one can get it for the present $625.00.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK, we're talking about different rifles. The one I was questioning is only going for $302 as of right now, non-checkered, and is serial number 378140, and is listed as a Marlin Special Ordered Rifle.

·
Premium Member
14,154 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,154 Posts
Boy I'd like to get my hands on that for a looksee..
My 93 is a short mag but it does go out well past the fore end.
That one is considered, ether a half mag or a 2/3rd mag. Very nice ether way.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have an 1894 in 32-20 that has the button mag. I think I have maybe seen one other rifle online like it, but clearly it was an option. Everything else I have seen has the half mag that protrudes ~4" past the forend, and these rifles will have a mag tube hanger dovetailed into the barrel forward of the foreend cap.

This one here is its original configuration and I have no idea if it was a special order thing or not but they definitely did exist. Holds 5 rounds (just enough for a course of fire in lever silhouette). As mentioned I've seen bucket loads on winchesters, but very, very few marlins.

Just found more pictures.

Reactions: msharley
1 - 17 of 17 Posts