Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
I would like to find one in this caliber with a longer magazine tube, but that might never happen. The Lyman peep sight would cause me to loose interest fast if new mounting holes for it were drilled in the receiver. I much prefer a tang sight to a glob of metal screwed to the side of a receiver. I have several lever action rifles, but none in 25 caliber.

·
Premium Member
5,018 Posts
Hey there NR -- You might be looking for awhile. None of the CL's (32-20, 25-20 and 218BEE) had full length magazine tubes. They were all factory drilled and tapped for side mounted receiver sights. Most of them had their serial numbers on the top tang - precluding tang sights without adulterating serial numbers (a no-no with the ATF boys). Lyman does make an adapter for their sight to help address the tang issue. I'll take the side mounted receiver sight over one these any day of the week. Hope this helps. Best regards. Wind

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.