Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me when marlin made this model and how many years they made them. I found one in a pawn shop and I'm trying to decide if I should buy it or not.

·
Registered
422 Posts
1983-1986 12,088 were produced. I found and bought one after looking for several years and have only ever actually seen one other in person. They are somewhat scarce and pricey.

How much are they asking for the one you saw?

If you really want one, I'd work your best deal and go for it. Don't pass it up.

Good luck.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
GLC, thank you for the information. I don't remember the exact price but I thnk it was just under $300.00. They also had another marlin I've never seen before, I think it was a model 30tk chambered in 30-30, it had a short barrel and 2/3 mag tube. I own a bunch of model 1894s, 1895s and 336s but these are two I'm not aware of.

G

·
Under $300 and in decent shape , I would buy and I already own one. Paid about $350 for that one two years ago :!:

·
Registered
422 Posts
Under $300! Wow! I'd buy it just because it was cheap enough. I paid $400 for mine in perfect shape but no box or papers.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just bought this gun. Looks like a first year model 1983. This gun needs a good cleaning but it looks like it is in very good condition. I talked them down to $225.00. Ye hah!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Way to score Wyatt :wink: Your a lucky Doggg!! I've been wanting one of those forever. I'm still trying to talk my brother out of his. He lives in California and has no place to shoot it. (L A area) OOOPPS!! didn't notice the thread date. :oops:

·
Registered
309 Posts
Heck, I've never even gotten to see one in person. You did good.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Dang..$225...you must be quite the talker! I paid $400 for mine no box or papers either. Good for you! Don't sell it...it can only get more valuable.

·
Registered
422 Posts
"I talked them down to $225.00. Ye hah!"

Sounds like he was wearing a ski mask while making that purchase....

Good deal. You'll love it.

Good Shooting.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I may be quilty of taking advantage of a pawn shop owner who only cares about making a quick buck but I promise there were no ski masks involved.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
How about a Range Report from some of you guys that own these?

Anyone shoot one over a chronograph? Accuracy?

Dang, now I got to get one of these.

·
Registered
489 Posts
What a GREAT deal! I've been looking for one of these for quite a while now and they are next to impossible to find in any condition. Marlin really should consider putting these back into production.

·
Premium Member
1,521 Posts
RugerNo3 said:
The 1894 in 22WRM is incorrect. It was the Model 39 made in 22WRM.
Nope - Never been a 39 in any variation made in anything but 22 s, l, lr.

Marlin made the 1894M in 22 Mag for a few years - usually bring big bucks.

Shum8

·
Registered
476 Posts
RugerNo3 said:
The 1894 in 22WRM is incorrect. It was the Model 39 made in 22WRM.
You are wrong Ruger No. 3. The 1894"M" was made between 1983 and 1988. It was made on the 1894 action not the 39.

The Winchester 9422 was made in .22lr and .22 mag on the same action but not the 39.

Jay

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
This gun is very accurate but the extractor spring is a little weak, when it gets dirty sometimes it won't extract the spent case. Last weekend I was on vacation near moab, ut. and I was shooting jackrabbits with this gun in the red rock country, what a hoot.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts