Marlin Firearms Forum banner

773 views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  shawlerbrook 
#1 ·
Hey all. George here from the cornfields of Indiana. Have been a member here for several years but have only been on a few times. I have a Model 1893 with the octagon barrel that is in pristine condition. I bought this weapon back in the 90s from a store in Park City, Utah. I have never fired it in all the years I've owned it. If I can ever learn how to post pictures on here, I'll put a few up. She's a beauty. Went to the Marlin website to give them the serial number hoping they could give me more info and looks like Ruger purchased them recently. Hopefully when they are back up running I can find out more on this fine rifle. Have been looking for the receipt when I bought it, but to no avail as yet. I'm thinking I paid somewhere between $1,000 and $1,200. I know when I purchased it, I felt I overpaid but didn't care. Just wanted it regardless. Until next time, everyone take care.

#3 ·
Hiya George! We'd love to see some pics. Caliber? Barrel length?
Pics are pretty ez, provided you have them on your hard drive.
Select the small icon in the middle at the bottom of the "post" window that has a small mountain
symbol. A dialogue box should pop up that will allow you to download an image directly to the
forums.

#7 ·
Welcome from sunny suburban Ari, Indiana.
What part of the Hoosier state are you from?
There is a post with Marlin date of manufacture further down. There is a gap where records do not exist but some can get the DOM close.

#8 ·
Welcome from Pennsylvania!!

#9 ·
From Kentucky welcome to the forum.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.