Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a project 1893 26" takedown at a local show this weekend. The gun was an old reblue .30-30 373xxx( 1907-08 range). Only problem other than the reblue was the gun wasn't complete, I'd say it about 2/3 there. 2nd problem its my first takedown so I'm not completely sure what is missing and I don't have one to tear apart.

I know its lacking a full length magazine tube, and all parts assoicated with the tube (spring, spring follower, plug, plug screw does have the front tube stud). Also awol is the forearm wood, forearm tenon, tenon screw (and whatever else is located within the forearm to allow for the magazine to slide.

All other parts were there and intact and functioning including sights.
Bore was also in rough shape but I couldn't help with parting with slightly over a $100.

Would anyone have any additional parts on hand (obviously will be keeping my eye on that ebay critter) also whats the likelyhood of running into these parts. I realize its not like just going after typical parts, or did I bite off more than I can chew?

One other word, since its an old reblue (which actually has a nice mild patina vs. that REALLY SHINY BLUE) Im not to picky about the condition of the parts. Any help would be great. Thanks

Feel free to fire me over a email.

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
Many years ago, Gun Parts Corp (Numrich) had lots of takedown parts after buying out Marlin's old parts. Now they're all gone, or lost inside Gun Parts Whse., and nobody seems to have any of the mag tube parts.
The only chance you'll have is the old Flea bay you mentioned, or maybe another parts gun. The few takedown parts guns I've seen all had missing mag tube parts.
I had a friend who bought one, and he found a machinist who said he'd build the parts for him, if he had a sample. I loaned him the parts, and the guy had them for almost 9 months, before I personally retrieved them. Never did get the parts made.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts