Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of us who do not have original sights on our 1893 shooters: "What combination of front and rear sights do you use?"

·
Premium Member
1,521 Posts
Lyman combination front and Lyman rear tang......sweeeeeet.

Shum8

·
Registered
579 Posts
Ballard Rifle Company makes diect replacements. I looked at a rear sight today and it looks just like the ones on my 93's. They also make a silver bladed rocky moutain front. I haven't seen any at the gunshows for while. I bought a cut down trapdoor that had a set of front and rear Marlin or Winchester lever sights 3 months ago. moodyholler

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
I have seen old marlins with a number of sight combinations, which weren't original to the guns, but were period sights.
Marbles buckhorn rears, Lyman or Sheard front blades. Lyman or Marbles tang sights. Lyman combination front sights. Lyman globe front sights. I've even seen a few with Winchester type Express sights.
My factory engraved 1893 has a Fischer rear sight, and I'm still looking for any info I can get on this sight maker. Anybody heard of them, or have info?

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
If Marlin would have only kept records like Colt and Winchester! Heck, they don't even record factory engraving on their records! :shock:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts