Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how good is this one and how old?1893 30-30,1/2 octagon,with a 1/2 magizine,serial# C22xx,marked 1893 on tang 80-85% barrel blue,thin colors on reciever,barrel is 23 1/2'' long.Also has a J P Sauer and sons hammer 16x16x9.3-72 hammer drilling.I can buy it all for $1000.I know its a deal but whats the Marlin,age and value approx. thanks Mike

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
Hi Mike,
Very unusual 1893, with that configuration, and a C prefix. Is the serial number under the lever, or in front of the triggerguard? I can only guess at the age, as the 1893's from this era were not recorded. It should be from just after WWI, say early 1920's, but I'd also guess it was assembled by the Marlin Firearms Corporation, from leftover pre WWI parts. No special order guns were made after WWI, except thos that were made up this way.
Is the barrel marked Marlin Firearms Corporation or Co.? There is another possibility, and that is it may have been reworked at the factory, with new barrel and mag tube. Honestly it's just hard to say, without records.
As for value, it is a great buy for these two guns! The drilling should easily be worth thie price, and depemding on condition, the 1893 is getting up there too, but without seeing these two, I'd hate to guesstimate the value of either!
Good luck!

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The gun is marked with the Marlin Firearms Co. and it looks like a starburst front and after the name and address.Also the serial # is in front of the trigger guard.Thanks for any info you can give.... MIKE

1 - 3 of 3 Posts