Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone interested there is a nice Marlin 1893, 30-30 for sale at the Gander Mountain Store in Flint, Mich. Wood is good condition but the finish is pretty well gone. Didn't notice any rust on the metal. Barrel appears to be 30-32" Oct. with full magazine tube. There is a small dent in the mag tube near the muzzle. Didn't look at the bore and don't remember seeing the asking price.

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
Take a tape measure to that barrel! That's a really rare length barrel!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't remember what they were asking for it. As for length of bbl, I looked it up in one of my books and 32" is a standard length offered in rd or oct barrels.

·
Premium Member
1,521 Posts
I believe 26" was standard for a rifle, anything shorter or longer was special order.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Negative on that being a standard length, 45/70fan. The standard length barrel was indeed 26". Anything other than that was a special order length. The longer, the more rare. A 30" or 32" is darn rare. A guy seems to run into a few 28". Anything shorter than 26", always be skeptical that it's been cut (not that they all have, but be skeptical and go over it with a fine tooth comb). The longer the barrel, the more rare. A 32" barrel is a welcome addition to any 1893 collection. Also, the longest magazine tube available was 30". So the 32" barrel obviously hung out past the mag tube on these.

WB

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
I'd be very interested in that gun, if it turned out to be a 32" barrel! But my money is betting it's not.

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
Gunjunkie said:
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/content/community/gun_inventory/inventory/lehi/miscellaneous/264841_1893mar_leh.jsp
decent gun, but all I saw was a std. 26" barrel?

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
Yep.. thats the only one I could find.. Gander don't list online like Cabelas..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts