Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a strange random question for you guys who have a 1893 and a 336 Texan:

Is the lever from the 1893 interchangable to the 336 Texan, and vice versa? I've only had a change to look at photos, but from what I can tell, I can't see why it wouldn't. Any of you guys have a definitive answer or willing to test it out? I'm in a bit of a bind getting some replacement parts and don't want to waste money on a hunch...

Thanks very much - Hansol

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
I don't think so. I made the same enquiry regarding Model 36 levers interchanging with those for the 336. A member advised that the throw differs between the square bolt and round bolt designs. He's supposed to post a picture, but I guess he's been busy with real-life stuff...
(My interest stemmed from the fact that early 336's have the same lever profile as 36's, 93's etc. Wondered if they were using up left over parts, but it seems that they probably used the profile tooling until it wore out, and they then went to the present, less graceful (to my eye) profile.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mike,

What you said makes sense. That being said, this could actually work out well for me, as I am looking for parts specifically for a Model 36, which of course has the square bolt...

Could get interesting ;D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts