Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1893 that I would like to use as a doner receiver for a 38-55 barrel trans plant. It's an early receiver with no cairer cut out, but has the side screw. The butt stock serial # doesn't match. It also wears a model 36 ADL barrel with 36 fore arm and hardware. It looks to be a factory rebarrel in 30-30. My question is, is their any way to find out what it started life as. It's sn is 299948.Any help would be help full. Thank you WW

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
That's got some purty wood on it!!

Reactions: wwmartin

·
Registered
11,347 Posts
That's some eye candy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: wwmartin

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That came out very nice!

May I ask who did the case color on it?

Is it a modern 38-55 barrel or an 1893 barrel?

Either way that's a fine looking rifle!
Al Springer , Snowy Mountain Bluing in Moore Montana Color cased it. I polished it.

The barrel is a new old stock 1893 I found on E bay. I was looking for a take down and found both. The take down is a BP only, also new. I needed a place to use the barrel and the 1893 / 36 drew the short straw because it was parts anyway and it only had value as a shooter. Now I need to find a 36 in need of a new A front end assembly. WW PICT0435.JPG PICT0433.JPG PICT0437.JPG

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I wonder what the receiver started life as. It would be nice if it were 38-55. Some one hear used to look the SN up and could tell. Can't remember who. WW

1 - 10 of 10 Posts