Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw an 1893 takedown this afternoon at a LGS. He had it marked $1400. It was in good shape, all brown patina and good looking stocks. All of the screws look good and not buggered. I broke it down and its dry and dirty but the bore showed no obvious flaws. What else should I be looking at or for?

·
Registered
860 Posts
I saw an 1893 takedown this afternoon at a LGS. He had it marked $1400. It was in good shape, all brown patina and good looking stocks. All of the screws look good and not buggered. I broke it down and its dry and dirty but the bore showed no obvious flaws. What else should I be looking at or for?
You should be looking for your wallet!!:biggrin:

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
The last Marlin takedown I bought was a Model 1895 in 38-56 with a 32" octagon barrel in about the same shape as the subject 30-30. Bought from a man in Selma, Alabama for 65 bucks! Of course, that was in 1965.

1400? I dinna know...

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Still got that rifle Mike?

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
It sounds like you have a winner. If it goes together tight I'd by figuring out a way to buy it.

·
Registered
9,380 Posts
i would have to want it real bad, because i really like it when i have 1400.00 in my pocket, it makes me feel warm and fuzzy all over. :biggrin:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts