Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1892 Values Check **PICS ADDED**

I have a Winchester 52B in shooter condition that I have for sale, and have received a possible trade offer on a Marlin 1892 in .22. I haven't gotten all the details yet on the YOM, but have seen a couple pics and it looks like it's in really nice shape. Based on what I do know, I think it's after 1905 since he said it's a Model 92, which I assume he's getting from the Tang stamp. I'm just looking for a general idea on what these go for in 95%+ condition, or what else I should be looking for as I wait for a response. Thanks!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No thoughts on this?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Tough to say. I have a nice 1892 that i paid $600 for and is probably an 80% rifle. For one in 95% condition? Maybe $1000-1200 or so? Maybe more?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did Marlin make one of these much later in the 1900's as a commemorative piece possibly? I got some more pics of this and something just isn't right for this being a 100 year old rifle. Some of those pic are attached.

M3_zps83ba0228.jpg
M8_zps5fb77d43.jpg
M2_zps51136c88.jpg
M6_zps124a03bd.jpg
M1_zpsa1849e6a.jpg

Reactions: msharley

·
Premium Member
3,038 Posts
Nothing on it looks original to me. The pics showing gold inlay, D&T'd receiver, and gold trigger are instant tell tale signs that it's not original.

·
Premium Member
10,996 Posts
Kidd,

To answer your PM question.......I don't recall any Anniversary releases of '92's ..........ever, but then I could be wrong, too.

In viewing the Pictures, I think I'm looking at a nicely re-finished Original model '92.....Its got the right style font in the rollmark......The SN begions with 49 ?...........I won't can't comment on that...I don't know.

Re: the value of that rifle............To me, that would depend on how smoothly it cycles, how loose or tight the lever and Bolt are are, how it shoots and if you want it as a shooter................ho long will it be before you need parts of some kind.......'92 parts are really plentiful............
I'd want to handle the rifle before I'd venture a dollar figure.......

Tom

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info Tom.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nothing on it looks original to me. The pics showing gold inlay, D&T'd receiver, and gold trigger are instant tell tale signs that it's not original.
I thought the same thing, but per Brophy's book, these things were factory D&T'd after 1903 for use with the L.L Hepburn receiver sight. At least 2 of those holes anyway.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts