Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am pleased, I found a gentleman selling 32 Long Colt centerfire and was able to buy 10 (50) cartridge boxes. Now, I can not only shoot my 1892, but I will have cases for reloading. They are Western, inside lubricated 82 Gr. Lubaloy, non-corrosive primers made by Winchester-Western Division. Any good reloading or mold recommendations?

G

·
Buy a set of dies from CH-4D get 32 Short Colt you can use them to load the long and short versions . I also got a heel bullet mold for this cartridge from a gentleman in Vermont but I don't have his number with me at the moment. My mold casts a 90 grain bullet and loaded with 3 grains of Unique it shoots quite well.

·
Premium Member
3,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks 6pt-sika, if you find any info on your mold would like to hear about it.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Alot of times 32 S&W Long cases will work well in the 32 Long Colt. Not loaded ammo, mind you, but the brass is very close. A few thousandths in rim thickness and length. Just a thought...~Andrew

G

·
Winchester still makes 32 Short Colt loaded ammo and also sells 32 Short Colt brass . If you can't find Long Colt brass the short stuff will get you shooting and if you have trouble getting dies and molds the loaded rounds will suffice !

·
Premium Member
3,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks one and all for the info.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts