Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Marlin 1888 that the extractor broke. It is missing only the end that extracts the cartridge as it still goes to the end of the bolt. Does anyone know of a source of extractors our how to fix the one I have?

·
Registered
774 Posts
WOW! That's an old one. Less than 5000 made and the last of the top eject. Wisners does not list parts for the 1888, but you could give them a try.

Another place to try would be Johnsons Sporting Goods, contact Steve Durren at 1 517 265 2545. He's an expert on old Ballards and Marlins. He repaired the double set trigger on my 1888.

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
WOW! That's an old one. Less than 5000 made and the last of the top eject. Wisners does not list parts for the 1888, but you could give them a try.

Another place to try would be Johnsons Sporting Goods, contact Steve Durren at 1 517 265 2545. He's an expert on old Ballards and Marlins. He repaired the double set trigger on my 1888.
You have a DST 1888 Al??? Didn't know Marlin ever made any DST repeaters beyond the 1881?

Reactions: Big Al1

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I called Steve Durren and he said he could make a new extractor but I would have to ship the rifle to him to make sure it works. Thanks for the contact information!

Reactions: Big Al1
1 - 6 of 6 Posts