Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
32,303 Posts
Hey Dogman that sure is a really long barrel. Or does it mean 16" (inches). Just a smart ar$&, sorry.

·
Super Moderator
16,516 Posts
I was kinda thinking that it's going to be a might tough to swing that baby around in the woods for a quick shot! ;) ;D but think of the long range accuracy! Mr fixit

·
Registered
188 Posts
Here ya go, 16" Brockman custom on a GS.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Here's a few more.

one of two Marlin STP's

same STP next to a LTD III

a Remlin built STP with a big loop

a Micro SBL from an STP host

same Micro SBL with 2X6 optics

Trapper's, gotta love em.

·
Registered
603 Posts
hey MW, what brand scope is on that SBL?

·
Registered
32,303 Posts
They a really nice rifles you got there. They look shorter in the pics. ;D ;D

·
Premium Member
3,192 Posts
lever addict said:
If I don't like the ports on my stainless GS I guess i'm gonna have me a shortie! ;D
LA,
OMG!!! Please don't put a saw to that barrel!!!!LOL :eek: ;)

I like that new gs of yours just the way it is!!! 8)

I'll approve swapping out the lever with a drc.. (saw your add in the trading post WTB one)
Other than that, I think you ought to 'leave well enough alone' ;)

·
Premium Member
13,701 Posts
mainecat said:
LA,
OMG!!! Please don't put a saw to that barrel!!!!LOL :eek: ;)

I like that new gs of yours just the way it is!!! 8)

I'll approve swapping out the lever with a drc.. (saw your add in the trading post WTB one)
Other than that, I think you ought to 'leave well enough alone' ;)
Amen brother, don't never cut a ported barrel. Too many others out there you could trade for.....

·
Registered
549 Posts
h-bomb said:
hey MW, what brand scope is on that SBL?
It's a 2X6 power Bushnell pistol scope. I had it mounted on a 14" 45/70 TC Contender once upon a time.

DOGMAN said:
I thought the SBL is a18inch..?
It is and the features of the SBL model are enticing enough to have on a handier, more compact rifle. Hence the use of a 16" STP as a host in order to build a "Micro SBL" if you will. Personally I think that the lever rail system makes the 16" barrel look even shorter. Win Win. ;D

edit;
One thing that I keep forgetting to mention, is the balance of the "Micro SBL". It's almost perfect. Being right handed I grasp the receiver with my right pinkie sitting just behind the big loop lever pivot screw. That lets the gun hang at an optimum angle for carry and prevents hitting or dragging the muzzle on the ground. An added bonus is that it's very fast to put into action from that position.

·
Premium Member
3,192 Posts
lever addict said:
Easy there fellas I was just kidding! ;D
Kidding or not you crossed the line on that one BUD!!! :mad: ;D

·
Premium Member
7,659 Posts
This is rich! Mainecat telling someone to leave their 45-70 the way it is. :eek:

·
Premium Member
3,192 Posts
Gaterskiner said:
This is rich! Mainecat telling someone to leave their 45-70 the way it is. :eek:
;D ;D ;D ;D ........:-[

·
Registered
631 Posts
I don't have the skills to show you up, but I sure did enjoy making my 1895 suit me.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts