Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
16.5" GG accuracy?

Does any one know what affects in accuracy and range you get from cutting down 450 GG to 16.5"? Or are is it just marginal. I was just curious as others on the forum have made these upgrades.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Re: 16.5" GG accuracy?

The accuracy should still be there with that stiff barrel tube. As for velocity, you might lose 100 fps or so.

Is there a dire need to cut the gun up like that, or ya just wanna?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I do not intend to cut my barrel, It is simple curiosity as to what affects are had to the others who have shortened thiers. I would have to have some serious issues to resort to cutting mine, as I still have not received it. Hopefully today will be the day and then I can go and shoot.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Just a little off topic, I have found out that shortning the barrel to 16.5" here in Canada now clasifies it as a Prohibited weapon wich if you didn't get grandfathered into that class of license you can never get one. Just by cutting the barrel a 1/4 inch makes it restricted weapon wich means you need a travel permit to take it to a range (no longer able to take hunting) and take another 1/2" off it becomes prohibited and like I said earlier if you don't have the proper license you can't own it. If it came from Marlin with the shorter barrel it would be considered non-restricted and anyone could own it with a regular license. Go figure Canadian gun laws are retarded sorry mentaly chalenged.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts