Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
been gone from this great forum way too long but thats what happens when the Army moves you to Italy, had to leave the guns at dad's. :(
I was looking at doing an african safari with some friends as a welcome back to the states trip next year and i was looking into getting some bulk ammo. Looking at the differences on Hornady's 160 vs the newer 140 grain ammo. Not seeing much of a difference in the ballstics. is the copper zinc bullet really better than the old one? what do you guys think?

·
Premium Member
9,145 Posts
The 140 gr Monoflex load is not even available yet. Hornady may solve your dilemma for you. It is possible the ammo wll be out before this fall, but then again that bullet was to be available last year in June.

The monoflex design is a gilding metal (no lead) so it will be similar to a Barnes bullet. For big heavy game it may be a better choice, but then again I look back over the last 100+ years and think about all the game that was killed before the term bullet failure was invented, and wonder how we ever killed anything.

·
Premium Member
9,145 Posts
I called Hornady this am and they said the ammo could be available the end of March.

Reactions: hooflander

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
good to know. i figure plenty of big game have meet their demise with the 160s and at the expected cost i will use it to site in myabe get a box of 140s and see how they shoot. I think either will work just fine provider there isnt any operator failure!!!

·
Premium Member
5,225 Posts
Wonder if the Leverevolution powder will be working as well in the 140's as it does the 150, 160 and 170?

·
Premium Member
9,145 Posts
Dr. A said:
Wonder if the Leverevolution powder will be working as well in the 140's as it does the 150, 160 and 170?
I hope so!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts