Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
13.25" stock seem short?

New to Marlin 336's so forgive me but the stock seem short. I'm a big guy 6.1 375 so maybe its me. I measured it and it's appx 13.25" trigger to end of the stock, and I've read that's the std length, but it feels short. My FFL thought so too. The scope on her seems like it might cause scope eye. I guess I'll need to move it forward. I ordered a 1" rubber butt pad maybe that will help too.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Re: 13.25" stock seem short?

GS, welcome to MO!!! Enjoy you new Marlin, you're on the right track about the butt pad to help the LOP and the possible scoe eye problem. Take care and enjoy, John.

·
Registered
158 Posts

i had the same problem. i have thaught about fitting a recoil pad and i might do it some day but it doesnt bother me too much now.
my rifle doesn't have a scope though.
i hope you get it worked out.

·
Registered
522 Posts

GreySmoke said:
New to Marlin 336's so forgive me but the stock seem short. I'm a big guy 6.1 375 so maybe its me. I measured it and it's appx 13.25" trigger to end of the stock, and I've read that's the std length, but it feels short. My FFL thought so too. The scope on her seems like it might cause scope eye. I guess I'll need to move it forward. I ordered a 1" rubber butt pad maybe that will help too.
An easy fix is the Limb Saver slip on pads. There are three different sizes to accomodated different stock deminsions. What you can do is to add an inside insert to increase the lenght of pull. Having a short stock for you can be a benifit is you need to accomodate heavy clothing and use the pad when the shorter length is not needed.

·
Registered
180 Posts

I cut mine down to 12.5 with a williams peep its quick to aim that way, an when its cold out big coat will add back to it. But thats just me ;D Welcome an enjoy that sweety

·
Registered
849 Posts

My buddy is 6' 7" @ 340. He added the Limbsaver slip on over the factory pad on his GG and it made the LOP just right for him.

13.25" is perfect for me - but I'm 5' 7".

·
Premium Member
404 Posts

Some I have are out to 13.5", but 13.25-13.5 is what you will find. At 6'4" with long arms all rifle stocks feel short to me. I either add a thicker pad, add spacers or use slip on pads to get the right LOP. Depending on the rifle mine end up at 14-14.5" LOP. If it's a rifle that will be used in cold weather while wearing heavier clothing the standard length might not be to bad. A slip on for warmer weather could be the ticket.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts