Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's a 1928 Henry Arms Co I remember shooting at ten years old. Don't know when dad got it but mine now. Got it back from older brother.

Pictures! Wall hanger only now! It does have a Marlin rifle stock on it since 1976.

20180813_161502.jpg 20180813_161508.jpg 20180813_161517.jpg 20180813_161613.jpg 20180813_161621.jpg

·
Premium Member
7,766 Posts
very nice, I just acquired a few old double barrells but have not had a chance to look at them or take pics, this might motivate me.

Reactions: cajun56

·
Registered
13,180 Posts
Nice old double. Isn't it a wire twist barrel, looks older than 1928. Not familar with Henry will have to look it up. I have a book on
the old mule ear doubles. Lines of action look a lot like the old Hopkins & Allens. I think they made their gun for a lot of store brands.
I have a Dumulin SxS 12g twist/ hammer gun that was my great grandpas. We shoot it every once in a while with BP shells. I have
anotherone I got on a package deal that I'm going to have to remember to deal off.

·
Registered
29,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice old double. Isn't it a wire twist barrel, looks older than 1928. Not familar with Henry will have to look it up. I have a book on
the old mule ear doubles. Lines of action look a lot like the old Hopkins & Allens. I think they made their gun for a lot of store brands.
I have a Dumulin SxS 12g twist/ hammer gun that was my great grandpas. We shoot it every once in a while with BP shells. I have
anotherone I got on a package deal that I'm going to have to remember to deal off.
On the barrel on top it has 'compressed steel' in picture. Date code makes it a 1928 model. It was made in Belgium, has all the proofs and the letter of the person who inspected it at factory. Very little info on Henry Arms Co. They made thousands of these shotguns and shipped them to the states! Sold for a whole $15 back then!
It will be a wall hanger in my man room! lol!

ca'jun56

Reactions: 94win30wcf

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Very cool.

Reactions: cajun56

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Perfect wall hanger. Collector unfired guns are pretty, but there is something special about an old working field gun.

·
Registered
13,180 Posts
I just checked out the one I have in trade pile. It's a Eclipse, date on barrel 1892. I thought it was wire but it also says Hercules
Compressed Steel. Belgian gun too, it fact very similar to yours. I also spied another SxS crammed up in clunker stash in rafters.
To lazy to take all those clunkers down to see what it is.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts