Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently ran across a 10 gauge Goose Gun in good condition. The bluing was in great condition, the wood had minor handling marks. It may be the first one I've seen in person. How much are these shotguns selling for now?

·
Registered
126 Posts
If you are referring to the bolt action Marlin Super Goose Model 5510 I have one in the safe that is pristine.
Kicks like a mule and only sees the field for a couple goose hunts a year...always brings a smile from the boys when they see it come out.
On Gunbroker they go for between $400-$600 depending on condition.

RockedEm

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I missed out on the 10 gauge Super Goose Gun, waited too long. The shop wanted $600 for it, I got them down to $400 plus tax but didn't jump on it. Oh well, maybe next time.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Shot my uncles 10ga single shot break open ONCE when I was about 12. I don't think I would want to shoot it much.

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Introduced the same year as the ban on lead shot for waterfowl, should be good with steel shot.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
My first one of these I got for $150. Ended up trading it towards a Winchester M1 Garand and got the same price so I thought I was doing ok. Wish now that I still had it. I've been wanting to get another one but refuse to pay some of the prices being asked for them. I've seen them sell around 400 which I can live with but I just haven't been in the right place at the right time to grab one yet. I will not give 500 to 700 like some folks ask for them.
BTW, I still have that particular Winchester Garand and it's appreciated far more than that goose gun would have.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
My brother-in-law was a big duck/goose hunter who was always trying to reach out and touch em. He bought an Ithaca 10 gauge automatic. That's the biggest gun I ever held in my hands. I think it weighed in at a whopping 12 pounds. If you could get it up, it didn't kick too bad because of the weight. He ended up using it for deer hunting cause it could sure sling some buckshot. I always thought I wanted one of the Marlins but I weren't a water fowler so I never did.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
I'd do that as long as it wasn't a rusty basket case.

·
Registered
5,441 Posts
Dave I will go look over. I know it needs cleaning up but I thought it was worth bringing home when I saw it. Doubt it sold. It's been there awhile.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I’ve always wanted an Ithaca mag 10 Road Blocker. 10ga 00 buck loads hold 18 pellets😜. Probably the closest thing to a sci-fi disintegrating ray gun

i know my shoulder wouldn’t handle the recoil of a 10ga

1 - 15 of 15 Posts