Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
had a beer in the fermenter i forgot about, turned into 10 gallons of malt vinegar.

tasted it, it's pretty good! dunno what i'll do with 10 gallons of it tho..

·
Registered
649 Posts
I inadvertently made some really fantastic pear vinegar once, while trying to make pear cider instead. It was delicious, and we bottled it up and used it for a couple of years before we ran out.

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
MacGregor said:
had a beer in the fermenter i forgot about, turned into 10 gallons of malt vinegar.

tasted it, it's pretty good! dunno what i'll do with 10 gallons of it tho..
Lots and lots of fried potatoes... I even like it on fried fish. ;) Now I'm just hungry - - just the thought of a good malt vinegar makes my mouth water pretty hard.

What you don't use for eating, maybe use it for taking calcium deposits off the shower head, cleaning windows, etc.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I keep a bottle in the fridge all the time. pour it on my fish and mix it with catsup for my fries.

·
Premium Member
9,716 Posts
MacGregor I wish you were close by ! I would bring a couple of bottles by for you to fill! ;D

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Bottle it and sell it at a local flea market or swap meat.
GH1 :)

·
Premium Member
5,102 Posts
Always put you a tablespoon or 2 in your coleslaw when you make it!!

Good coleslaw should have Malt Vinegar and Sugar in it, don't forget it!

·
Premium Member
1,165 Posts
MacGregor,
Don't know if you like sardines or not but I open a can, pour off the oil and douse them with malt vinegar before eating them on crackers. They're so good sometimes I have to open a second can. ;D

·
Premium Member
1,542 Posts
you can ship vinegar! If you want to part with a cpl bottles, drop me a PM. Bet we could work out a deal. I love malt vinegar

1 - 10 of 10 Posts