Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I just joined a couple of weeks ago and just bought my first Marlin. I want to thank all the participants for all the wisdom, honesty and tolerance. You all have given me the confidence to know what I want, and go get it. Thanks to all of your input I chose a JM Marlin, and got it in the Stainless and barrel length I wanted.

I have RCBS Cowboy dies and other bits coming and I am looking at Red dot vs traditional scope throughout the forums. The instructional series by Stucky is brilliant. Thank you so much for the DIY material, "more, more, I'm still not satisfied."

I have been a casual shooter all my life, mostly as a way to enjoy time with my dad. Now that he has passed, I'm looking On to go pig hunting. And prepping!

Once again, thanks. You guy are great.
Steve

·
Premium Member
1,279 Posts
Steve that is a fantastic rifle can you show us a picture. Welcome to the forum and glad to have you join in sounds like your going to have a good time. Bought my 45-70 in the eighties and am still using it. They are one impressive gun...

·
Super Moderator
12,121 Posts
Welcome aboard! I have to agree about stainless and the 45-70 which is hands down my favorite cartridge.

·
Super Moderator
24,401 Posts
I have the 35 Rem and 444 Marlin versions of the XLR--they are very accurate rifles. I am sure yours will be as well.

Reactions: cajun56

·
Premium Member
9,847 Posts
Welcome from Goldthwaite, TX! Thanks for joining us! John

·
Registered
8,306 Posts
Welcome from The Republic of Texas...

·
Registered
11,600 Posts
Welcome aboard! Congrats on your rifle too... enjoy!

·
Super Moderator
31,961 Posts

Welcome from down South Louisiana.

ca'jun56

·
Registered
7,192 Posts
Welcome from southeast Wisconsin.

·
Registered
7,665 Posts