How bad can a bore be and still be safe to shoot Part two with pictures, - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: How bad can a bore be and still be safe to shoot Part two with pictures,

Esteemed Sharpshooter
    Member #
    Again, I would shoot it first and then attempt a good cleaning while still warm. I would be very careful using any abrasive as you may do more harm than good. If your first attempt at shooting yields acceptable results, then follow the old axiom....if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. If it shoots awful, then you have nothing to loose by trying a more aggressive solution.
    Team 1894 member #67 1977 44 mag.
    Team 35 member #256 1964 Sears M45
    Team 444 member #355 1981 444S
    Team 30 30 member #830
    1980 Marlin 3080 Trail Rider & Win 94 Custom Trapper

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    Do believe that shawlerbrook is spot-on.
    In real life may you be the bad ass you claim to be on social media....

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    If you can't get it to shoot as you want, try and contact Bob Hoyt in Arndtsville, PA, near Gettysburg.
    He has done a couple of re-lines for me. One was an original Springfield TD carbine with a pit so large that you actually felt less resistance as the patch passed over it. He also did a Remington 1871 that some Bubba had tried to convert to 28 gauge shotgun.
    He cuts his own bores so you get a choice of rifling rates as well as groove/bore.
    Always better to carry "too much" gun and too many cartridges...
    Marlin 1894SS(2009), Winchester 1886 Extra Lightweight rifle(1910), Springfield Trapdoor carbine(1880), Sharps carbine(1863)
    I like big calibers

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Wrangler
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill2311 View Post
    If you can't get it to shoot as you want, try and contact Bob Hoyt in Arndtsville, PA, near Gettysburg.
    He has done a couple of re-lines for me. One was an original Springfield TD carbine with a pit so large that you actually felt less resistance as the patch passed over it. He also did a Remington 1871 that some Bubba had tried to convert to 28 gauge shotgun.
    He cuts his own bores so you get a choice of rifling rates as well as groove/bore.
    Thank You Bill,
    Hopefully I will get a chance to shoot it soon. Obviously it is going to lead like crazy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links