Marlin Firearms Forum banner

Would this be a good trade?

817 views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  Goldtrigger 
#1 · (Edited)
Got a guy who has a 1969 circa Winchester 94 saddle ring carbine in 44mag in very good condition. He is interested in even trade on my Remington 11-87 Premier LNIB 20 gauge. Not sure what a Winchester like the 1969 is going for? I know that a Remington 11-87 Premier 20 gauge like mine (except it had bluing wear and no box). Went for $900.00 last week on GB. My Remington has the original box and all factory paperwork and factory accessories and bluing is excellent. Appreciate any guidance or thoughts.

#2 ·
Which one do you want? Or which will be used..... IMO dollar wise not a good trade but a gun that sits in the closet vs one that you will actually use - go with the one you will shoot. 6 vs 1/2 dozen. :)

#3 ·
Merlin nailed it. Your shotgun is probably slightly more valuable, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Which one is more valuable/useful to you and do you already own something that could take the place of either.

#5 ·
16" barrel winchester? Winchester made a bunch of those trappers back in 69/70 I've got a like new one in 30-30 they will bring 650-700 to 900 if you find the right buyer, just might want to keep in mind if you use it a lot and carry it like most folks with hand around receiver the plating on the receiver will wear off, the post 64 guns are famous for that, I've also got an old rusty one that gets used. I'm keeping my 1100's is yours one of the engraved ones?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.