Prepping? Being honest with yourself.
Like Tree9Likes
  • 5 Post By truckjohn
  • 3 Post By truckjohn
  • 1 Post By J. W. Hardin

Thread: Prepping? Being honest with yourself.

Gun Wizard
    Member #

Prepping? Being honest with yourself.

I recently had my eyes opened to the reality of "Prepper" situations....

And the reality is this:
    All LONG TERM - aka events over around 2 weeks - issues are POLITICALLY caused. 100% of them.

Chronic uncontrollable Wildfires in California that go on and on and on - Politically caused.
    Venezuela collapse - Politically caused
    "Famines" in Russia, China, Ethopia. and all over Africa - Politically caused
    Chaos all over Africa...
    The "Survival situations" I read about during the Bosnian war... Syria... Iraq...
    New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina
    Detroit, Michigan....

And this makes prepping far more difficult....

Sure - you can bug out to escape a tornado, flood, or a hurricane.... But how do you get around the problem when your GOVERNMENT is the CAUSE of the problems? Venezuela has been going on for several YEARS now. Chronic California wildfires have been going on for 10 YEARS now...

But can you escape a POLITICALLY created crisis? For example - all these business owners in California.. They are trapped. Fires and power outages on the ONE hand - caused by Politicians... The power goes off because the states let the people sue the utilities for damages - while at the SAME TIME the politicians prevented the utilities from cutting trees away from the lines AND prevented home owners from clearing brush around their houses and such....... Yet on the OTHER side - their business may not translate to Texas, Arizona, or Idaho.... So they are caught.... Lose everything if you stay... You could stand to lose even MORE if you go...

Watch this video and catch the underlying message.... You can only store so much food, supplies, and such.. Sure - you can hold out a week or two. The Government will just wear you down and grind you up.... Because they can ensure the catastrophe just NEVER ENDS and all the people end up living like rats...

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    Part 2 of this is:

Where will you get the MONEY to stay gone if you have to go?

The worst horrors I read about from Ukraine, Bosnia, Serbia, Syria, Venezuela, Argentina, and Iraq: Families had to RETURN home into the war zone/catastrophe because their MONEY ran out and they had no place to go.

Thousands of folks fled the war in Bosnia, Syria, and Iraq - only to end up being forced to go back "Home" into the middle of the war zone because your job and extended family was there and you had no way to pay the bills "Away"....

Do you have a job with skills that can happen in different places? Most skilled trades and medical move pretty readily once you sort out local licensing... Often professional and administrative jobs are HARD to pick up some place new...

What's your plan there? Say you are a middle manager in a manufacturing plant.. What are you going to do so you don't have to drive your family right back into the war zone or into the calamity?
    cajun56, mikom and Travlin like this.

Wrangler
    Member #
    truckjohn likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    He makes a very good case with the math.... My current "Worry Scenario" is Alphabet Inc and a bunch of West Coast multi-billionaires underwritten by China buy off enough US Military Generals to try a run at Secession.... That's the most plausible current scenario in my mind.. I mean that's basically how the US Civil War started - The Confederacy bought off Lee and a significant portion of the US Officer Corps... Once you have the Generals and the officer corps - it's bingo bango war!!!!

One thing to take into account with Totalitarian places.... Dissent is SO heavily and intensely hidden from public view that the nation seemingly "Erupts into revolution" out of nowhere.... Why? There is no safety valve for folks to "Blow off steam"... To air out the raw emotion and take the edge off it....

In our case in the US - the disenfranchised can talk about it in public. They can publicly meet together... They can organize openly... They can even not-so-peacefully "protest" whatever it is that they hate most today.... And the politicians know this is going on - so they offer platforms that folks from different persuasions can vote for so they don't get *Too* itchy and ground up.... And it is effective enough to end up electing Donald Trump in 2016 and Ilhan Omar in 2018.... And so you assure folks "No - your voice IS being heard - we don't need to use guns when we can kick them out of office on the next election".... vs say China where a dissident finds himself in handcuffs for thought crimes..... Same for Saudi Arabia - when the Big Nasty comes it will be bad because ALL dissent is punished by death....

Site Contributor Contributing Member
    Member #
    You shouldn’t mention Donald Trump and Ilan Omar in the same breath or written article, IMO. Our Republic is in turmoil right now, but it has been tested previously, just in a different manner. In the USA political contributions and pacs are considered legal and legitimate - BUT, in other foreign countries, our media and politicians label such activity as bribes and corruption. I, myself, see no difference.

Just keep your eye on whatever ball you want - the slight of hand “artist” will usually get your money.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links