THE PURPOSE OF OUR NEW FORUM - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: THE PURPOSE OF OUR NEW FORUM

Sidewinder
    Member #
    Hello you allso can make a lot of things like hard tack and corn dodgers ! last a long time as long as its dry !

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by stvmc1956 View Post
    Hello you allso can make a lot of things like hard tack and corn dodgers ! last a long time as long as its dry !
    I've made corn dodgers before. They were pretty good. I've never made hard tack. I googled for a recipe and it seems pretty easy. I think the value comes in how you hydrate them and dress them up when you are finally ready to cook/eat them.
    Team 450 #122
    Team 45-70 #933
    USMC 1982-1994
    NRA Member
    Guide Gun & Outfitter Owners Association

Wrangler
    Member #
    Fella's;

I'm not too sure how much use this forum might be to me, or how much knowledge I can add to it. Although I live in a fairly remote location, there's still these practical sticking points. You see, if Yellowstone goes again, I'm on the northern edge of the no-live zone. Which also puts me in the middle of a Minute-man missle field, so a nuclear war would tend to lower my survival chances too. Being down wind from Malmstrom AFB is not a comforting thought either. I don't know how many Minute-man warheads they keep in stock there, but it's probably enough to light up this area of the county big time. A launch center's just over the hill also, a prime targeting point if I ever saw one.

I can't justify moving, the ranch has been in the family for 115 years now, & several of my immediate relatives (can you say wife & children?) would also reduce my survival capabilities should I suggest selling it. Not that I really want to anyway, it's a nice place. I can live with the idea of the Yellowstone crater going ballistic again in my lifetime, it's a pretty remote chance anyway, & I ain't got all that much lifetime left. But the missles are a bit of a problem. Could we all start writing the congress-critters to move them to New York City's Central Park, and San Francisco's Golden Gate Park? After all, it'd be a political coup in the best Obama fashion! Massive amounts of borrowed Urban Renewal money spent among his strongest supporters.

900F
    unclesarge58 likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links