A Lonely Vietnam Vet and a Thanksgiving Request - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree158Likes

Thread: A Lonely Vietnam Vet and a Thanksgiving Request

Marlin Fanatic
    Member #
    Scorpio, will J be home for Christmas or still in Rehab? Just thinking about Christmas cards for the Vet.
    jeepwm69, scorpio and Marlinjunkie like this.
    David Ch'iyaan-iilini

Sidewinder
    Member #
    If he's still going to be there for a bit (closing in on Christmas) please send me his address and I'll mail him a card. Great idea and something we should be looking to do more often for our neighbors and especially our Veterans.
    dhansen, scorpio and Marlinjunkie like this.

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by dhansen View Post
    Scorpio, will J be home for Christmas or still in Rehab? Just thinking about Christmas cards for the Vet.
    When I visited 11/29, he said six weeks. I don't know exactly when he will be discharged, but it will probably be after the new year. Any mail he receives there after being discharged will be forwarded.
    dhansen and Marlinjunkie like this.
    "Step by step they were led to things which dispose to vice, the lounge, the bath, the elegant banquet. All this in their ignorance they called civilization, when it was but a part of their servitude." ― Tacitus

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Marlin Fanatic
    Member #
    Scorpio, I called again this morning (5th try) and the lady that answered the phone said he wasn't there? Spelled out his name and she didn't know if he'd been discharged or anything else about him! Has he left the facility?
    Marlinjunkie likes this.
    If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”
    Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by marlinluvr View Post
    ....... Has he left the facility?
    Not that I'm aware of. He can't even walk to the loo.
    marlinluvr and Marlinjunkie like this.
    "Step by step they were led to things which dispose to vice, the lounge, the bath, the elegant banquet. All this in their ignorance they called civilization, when it was but a part of their servitude." ― Tacitus

Marlin Fanatic
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
    Not that I'm aware of. He can't even walk to the loo.
    ok...will try again to reach him.
    Marlinjunkie likes this.
    If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”
    Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    UPDATE

Last week I called the rehab twice, and twice was told that J was not at the rehab. My concern was growing as I had not seen any activity at his house and his boarder was nowhere to be found either. The guy that boards at his house made an appearance this morning so I finally got the scoop. J was sent to the hospital for additional scheduled surgery to tie up some loose ends. He will be returning to the rehab in a few days.

So, the old dog is still alive and kick'n.

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    12/25/19 FINAL UPDATE:

Christmas day

J is going home today, he was supposed to be at the rehab until after the new year, but his progress has been better than expected. Who knows, maybe some encouraging phone calls and prayers had something to do with it.

Once again, Thank you to all who participated, and a very merry and blessed Christmas.

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
    12/25/19 FINAL UPDATE:

Christmas day

J is going home today, he was supposed to be at the rehab until after the new year, but his progress has been better than expected. Who knows, maybe some encouraging phone calls and prayers had something to do with it.

Once again, Thank you to all who participated, and a very merry and blessed Christmas.
    Now that's what I call a Christmas Present!!! Please pass on my best wishes to him. Merry Christmas!!!!

Platinum Poster
    Member #
    I was never able to get a hold of him. So I did the next best thing! I sent him a Christmas card. I'm hoping he got it.

ca'jun56
    RJF22553 and Marlinjunkie like this.
    Lache Pas La Patate
    Old Phart # 138
    Team .32 Special
    Team Winchester # 118
    Team Marlin .35 # 780

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links