• 3 Post By cajun56
  • 2 Post By Mavrik
  • 2 Post By marlinluvr
  • 4 Post By Mike 2010

Thread: Honor Flight

Marlin Marksman
    Member #

Honor Flight

Does anyone know anyone who has taken the HONOR FLIGHT to Washington for veterans? If so what was their opinion and was it an emotional roller coaster?

I have been selected to be on the next HONOR FLIGHT from my area and my daughter will act as my Guardian on the trip.

V71
    US Navy Vietnam Service 71-75 / US Army Reserves 82-96
    DAV Life Member

Tinhorn
    Member #
    My mother-in-law (now 96 years old) was a Navy Nurse during WWII and received and Honor Flight from her home town of Knoxville, TN. to DC a few years a go. She said it was very exciting and an honor but she didn't know what all the fuss was about. She initially didn't want to go but we really encouraged her to go. I think that is the sentiment of that generation - it was their duty to defend and support the country but when the war was over they simply wanted to go home live the rest of their lives without any fanfare.

No one can speculate what your emotions will be as I am sure that your experience is yours and yours alone. What WE can do as citizens and former service personnel (me - USCG) is state a profound and sincere "Thank for your service and for your sacrifice to our Country" and pop snappy 4.0 salute to you, Sir. The honor is ours to provide a well deserved gesture of gratitude to you. Carry on.
    Marlin 336W .30-30 - Taurus PT111G2 - Ruger LCPII - Charter U'cover .38 Spc - M'berg Mav88 - M'berg 715T - Charles Daly Superior 12g O/U Trap - Heritage RR.22LR/WMR - Henry Classic Lever .22LR - Phoenix HP22LR - NAA .22WMR Mini-Revolver - GSG 1911-22 - H&R Young American .32 Safety Hammer NF (circa 1890)
    == USCG '77-'83 Semper Paratus - CGC Point Evans WPB82376 - MSO LA/LB SaR & Drug Interdiction Response Team = NRA = Tx LTC ==

Platinum Poster
    Member #
    Vietnam71 you should be thrilled to go. After reading about it on the sight.

Be proud my MO friend.

https://www.honorflight.org/

ca'jun56
    marlinluvr, vietnam71 and RJF22553 like this.
    Lache Pas La Patate
    Old Phart # 138
    Team .32 Special
    Team Winchester # 118
    Team Marlin .35 # 780

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Deadeye
    Member #
    My father went two years ago. It was both an emotional and enjoyable experience for him. I know that he was glad that he went.
    cajun56 and RJF22553 like this.
    Team 444 - #748
    Team 1894 - #546
    Team .35 Rem - #741

Marlin Fanatic
    Member #
    Congratulations on being selected and as Chef Duane said, Thank You for your service!
    vietnam71 and cajun56 like this.
    If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”
    Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Distinguished Master
    Member #
    I know two people here that went, they were so happy they went when they got back.
    What this country needs is a department of common sense!
    Team 22 Magnum # 46
    Team Old Pharts # 235
    Team 22 bolt action # 5

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links