• 6 Post By tranteruk
  • 4 Post By miket156
  • 1 Post By Jackel1
  • 1 Post By Travlin

Thread: Military History Buffs... Japanese Sign Final Surrender

Certified Gunnut
    Member #

Military History Buffs... Japanese Sign Final Surrender

Japanese Sign Final Surrender - News reel of the surrender ceremony on board the USS Missouri in Tokyo Bay on September 2, 1945. Background music is "With Honour Crowned".

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ,

Jackel1
    USMC & LEO - Retired

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    I have some original photos of a Japanese surrender on the wall, taken by my father in law. It is actually on a Royal Navy ship. In fact while the surrender in Tokyo Bay was the main one, many other ceremonies occurred in various theatres. My father in law served on an Aircraft carrier in the pacific, (yes despite hollywoods best efforts to paint us out completely we were there). He was actually sunk twice, once in the pacific the other time in the atlantic.
    Last edited by tranteruk; 07-20-2019 at 01:30 PM.
    'Diligentia Vis Celeritas'

Its not what difficulties life throws at us, but how we face them that defines us....

Distinguished Master
    Member #

Lightbulb

I like the commentary that acknowledged the names of representatives from each country that signed the treaty. One country that doesn't get very much mention in the History books is The Netherlands. I am proud to say that I know a few people from The Netherlands. They are highly intelligent, warm, friendly people. They suffered greatly during WW2 at the hands of the Nazis.

I had four uncles that Served in the US Navy in the Pacific during WW2. They all served on cargo ships and the like, nothing glamorous. They were very happy that the war ended as soon as it did. Serving in the Navy they never knew if their ship would be torpedoed like the Indianapolis. A large number of sailors were eaten by sharks. There was nowhere safe to serve.

Mike T.
    Last edited by miket156; 07-21-2019 at 11:27 AM.
    The difference between Genius and Stupidity is that Genius has its limitations. (Attributed to Albert Einstein)

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Certified Gunnut
    Member #
    I posted this in another thread but it has to do with pre~war Nazi Germany....
    I just watched a old movie last night with Edgar G Robinson (FBI Agent) that was called "Confessions of a NAZI SPY"

OMG - In the first half of this 1939 flick it looks like an exact repeat of what the liberal party is trying to do to America as we know it today.

Much of the rhetoric and slang used in the movie reflects what is being said today by the flaming left against the Republican Party.

If anyone is into watching pre-wartime espionage movies, this was a good one.

Thx for posting~!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    miket156 likes this.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ,

Jackel1
    USMC & LEO - Retired

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    One of the men who investigated me for membership in the Masonic Lodge was on the Indianapolis . He never said anything except that he was in the Navy during the war. When he passed we found out about it at his funeral.
    miket156 likes this.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links